Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

5 Affirmations of Self love that will help you protect and value your energy

                     5 Affirmations of Self-love

"" Story time logo"



 Hello Storytime readers, I am back with a new edition of 5 Affirmations of Self-love. Some of you have been following these episodes for a while now. Make sure to read the previous ones if you have missed out on any. I have to be honest doing these exercises, has had some benefits for me. I've seen them manifest in my personal experiences. But going on a self-love journey where you aim to find self-acceptance is not always easy. It has its ups and downs like all other aspects of life. Sometimes we tend to get lost, and then the need for a quiet pause to reflect becomes a necessity. The last week has felt draining to me. Sometimes I feel like I am on the edge of burnout. That's the reason why these exercises are very important to me. I need to replenish myself as well before I start pouring into the cups of others. A lesson I had to learn the hard way and am still learning the hard way. But it's something that must be done for me to be the best version of myself. After all, how could the world benefit from my corpse?  Not even my minerals would be of any use since the quality has been heavily impacted by the levels of cortisol running through my body lately. A human experience that everyone goes through multiple times in their lives. Yes, I admit it, sometimes even I have those moments where life seems empty. Although I suspect that in most cases the root of that is my emphatic nature. Have you ever wondered what it would be like if you could understand the world and everyone around you, but couldn't find that same understanding in return? Well, that seems to always have been the story of my life. I am aware that we each have our own struggles and I am not sharing this to get your sympathy. I am sharing my experiences so that some of you might find inspiration in it and others that are the weird outcasts like me, the dreamers, the darers, the doers, the beautiful mysterious souls that shine light into this world despite being so different know that they aren't alone even though we might be rare.  Of course, I don't want to make anyone feel left out. Since we all have to face stress, especially with the situation the world is in. But hey at the same time, my inner monk is like " It is what it is". In this week's self-love series, I want to point out that I based these affirmations of self-love on how I deal with stress. I hope they are as helpful to you as they are to me. Because sometimes we have to not only guard and protect our own energy, but we have to heal it as well. Once you master this art, you will know how to turn pain into power, for you will view pain as experiences and triggers of the body and mind. They only warn us about things that aren't good for us. When we fail to listen to these warnings and triggers, it can be fatal. It's like feeling pain because you accidentally cut yourself, the pain is there to warn you that some part of your body is in danger and needs your immediate attention. Look at emotionally painful experiences in the same way so that you may understand yourself better.  Here are 5 more special affirmations of self-love:

                  1. I value my inner voice




I hold value, respect, and gratitude toward my inner voice. Learning to listen to it has been a long practice that I do not regret. Introspection helps me stay true and loyal to my identity, vision, ideals, and strengths. It helps me keep in tune with my core. It keeps me grounded in the person that I am.  Knowing the person that you are is what will guide you toward your purpose. So for me, this is always an important process. I highly value my intuition. The more I practiced listening to my own identity the better I became at understanding myself. This is something I notice most people do not practice.  When you don't know who you are, how do you know where you are heading? For we all have a purpose to serve in this world. To live is a gift and to know oneself is a blessing and a strength at the same time. It was only by finding out who I was that I had better control over myself. It gave me the wisdom and ability to be able to explore my limitations while practicing my boundaries.  I discovered at a very young age that my inner world can be a beautiful and addictive place. Don't worry I try not to get too lost in it. But it is because I take these journeys of self-discovery that I could find the power hiding underneath my silence. Hence my new slogan became; " Power does not speak, it acts". If we want to make a difference and have a positive impact on the world we must first start within ourselves. That's why I recommend that you find that voice that resides inside of you and listen to it. Value it, and respect it, for that is the true definition of self-respect and self-love. To love the being that lives inside of your body.  That being is not only what you are but also who you are. When you show value, respect, and love for yourself you will automatically receive that in return from others. Nurture who you are and you will not easily be distracted or taken off your path. When you don't get distracted by the outside world, it will only help you become stronger in upholding your morals and personal values. Knowing who you are, is also knowing what you stand for. Take time to get to know yourself, and make time for yourself. Because you can't end up having time for everything else but yourself. If you do that it becomes an unhealthy recipe for burnout and other health issues. Trust me you don't want to go down that path. That's why I have come to value that voice as well when it tells me to take a breather or else you're going to collapse. Do not try to learn that the hard way kids, and take my word for it. Learn to trust the person living inside of you. Have faith that, that person acts in your best interest.

           2. I respect my own energy and time

I should respect my own energy and time. Because I've come to learn that when you are a giving person and don't have that kind of respect for your own time and energy, others won't respect you or your time and energy. They won't value the fact that you are always making yourself available for them. They will see and treat it as a given right. This is human nature, we can only impact it by setting a value for our own time and energy. This one is painful because for years I've wasted my time and energy on people who have had no respect for it.  That is something I'll never get back. As a giver, I have to constantly remind myself that it is my time and energy and that I have the power to decide on what, who, and how I want to spend it. By doing this you are also protecting your energy and time from abusive personalities. It is with your time and energy that you create your reality. Treasure it, and be careful how you invest it. Don't waste your time and energy, this will only leave you feeling empty. Have respect and love for yourself by upholding necessary boundaries. Don't let people who do not value or respect you feed on your energy. As for time, it is so precious that I sometimes cannot understand how people do not value it when we are daily reminded of how precious the time that we have is. If people cannot respect themselves, you cannot expect them to give you any respect as well. It all starts with us because how you treat yourself tells people everything about how you want them to treat you. If you tolerate disrespect towards your own energy and time, it means that you hold no value or respect for the time and energy that you have been gifted with. Treat it as a treasure that life has blessed you with and handle your own energy and time with care.


          3. I listen to what my mind and body needs


When you start to respect, value, and understand the person that's living inside of your body, you have a better understanding of the being that you are. This makes it easier for you to listen to your own body and mind. Provide for your mind and body in the same way that it provides for you in your daily actions. Listen to what it needs for you to be able to function better. This may be in the form of rest, exercise, and food. If you start treating yourself better, you will attract better into your life. Your mind and body, work for you they help you achieve and experience every moment of your life. Don't wait until it's too late to fix yourself. Start today by taking small steps wherever you can. After all, you can't drive through the city on an empty tank. Provide the fuel that your being needs. The warrior inside will only thank you for this. Show love to your energy and body by respecting its needs and being aware of its needs. We often neglect our health until it's too late. Don't become one of those people when you know that with proper care and love your own body will reward you with a long and healthy life. Feed your mind with positivity and healthy nutrients. Your mind is your weapon against any problem, obstacle, or enemy that you will face. Don't be afraid to service and upkeep your own equipment. Value what you have right now,! Because if you can't appreciate these things, you won't even be able to appreciate any other blessings that come on your path. When you live in a healthy and happy body productivity will follow. Your energy will flow from a better place. If your body and mind require healing, make room for this healing to manifest itself.  In the long run, you will benefit from this, and if you are the one that stands to gain then you shouldn't stand in your own way of progress. Break any limitations that are standing in the way of you leading and living a healthier and happier life. If you want to do that, don't be afraid to put yourself under a microscope so that you can expose your own setbacks in life. Remember the only way to fix and improve your situation, is by being aware of what's causing the problems.

                  4. I am the only one who can decide how I want to live my life

" Sharona Lieuw On holding a speach during a protest"

You aren't a puppet that's meant to be controlled. You are an individual who is responsible for your own actions. You are going through your own experiences, processes, and evolution. We humans have been blessed with the freedom to think, something that we should use more often. It is your life to live and at the end of the day, you don't want to end up having any regrets. You are responsible for the choices that you make that have an impact on your life. Do not give control or power over your life to anyone else. I often notice that people end up living unhappy and unfulfilled lives based on the expectations of others. If other people cannot be happy or content with their own lives, how can you uphold the unrealistic expectation that what happens in your life will make them content? They have their own experiences and processes to go through, their own decisions to make, and their own judgment to face. I one time came across a kid who wanted to become a teacher. But her parents had different ideas for her. They wanted her to get married, settle down, and become someone's housewife. She eventually did as her parents wished for her. She married the man her parents chose for her and had two kids with him. But she was far from happy, the day her father died she was still stuck with a man who she didn't love. That's because she wasn't living her own life, she was living the life that her parents wanted for her. And when she has to confront the depression she is on her own. I am not bad talking about her life, I am just giving you an example of what it's like when you live your life based on the decisions that others make for you. Because she is the one who has to live and deal with the reality of it all. In that same way, you will be the one living with the consequences of the actions that you take. We all have to die someday, don't waste your life putting time and energy into things that you have no affection for. Strive to be happy and base your actions on this philosophy.

  5. I will show myself nothing but unconditional love even on difficult days

We all have to face difficult days, you know what I am talking about. Days that you feel like you're giving it your all but can't see the results yet, Moments when you feel like you have run out of energy and hit a wall of exhaustion. We're all human and facing these moments is something we cannot escape. It's a part of life for balance must be kept in place. But no matter what you are facing or going through you have the strength within you to get through. By respecting and valuing this strength you are acknowledging your potential. By listening to your mind and your body you are recognizing your abilities and limitations. What's left to do? You give yourself unconditional love. Because you are the only one who can provide yourself with unconditional love and understanding. Be kind and gentle to yourself as well. This will motivate you to go through any obstacles that come onto your life path. Love the experiences that you are going through for they will shape your future. They will guide you to where you need to be. The good things never come easy, but you can start by showing yourself, love. This will make you feel fulfilled and when you do this being happier with yourself will be a natural feeling. You won't settle for anything that you do not deserve. You are aware of your value, therefore others cannot undermine your self-worth and self-respect. You must constantly remind yourself that you are worth being loved. Show yourself the same love that you would have for others. After all, what's wrong with being confident in your own abilities? Invest in yourself, and you won't regret it. I hope my words have left you wiser, I share my secrets with you and expect that you put them to great use. Until next time right here on Storytime, don't forget to subscribe to my blog if you want to stay updated.

"Story Time productions logo"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

 Lunch At Hotel Torarica Hello friends, as you noticed, the Story Time U.F.O. hasn't taken off from Torarica yet! When we finished checking in at Royal Torarica we were hungry! It's good that we were only a short walk from Torarica. Through the backyard of Royal Torarica, we found our way into the restaurant of Hotel Torarica. We sat in their dining room and ordered food from their menu. In my vlog, you will see the food items and prices listed on Hotel Torarica's menu. I had some chicken with corn. My plate was filled with greens and even had a chicken sate included. It was delicious! But my favorite had to be the truffle wedges! If you are visiting Hotel Torarica, I'd definitely recommend trying it! They are topped with parmesan cheese. A simple but buttery and flavorful dish. Stew ordered a fish dish that came with watermelon. It was relaxing to have dinner in the backyard of Torarica. We could hear the birds chirping and some birds even landed on our tables. But k

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn