Skip to main content

Featured post

Sandy's Space Adventure

Incoming Transmission Sandy's Space Adventures 🚀 Story Time Productions just zapped another adventure straight to your inbox. Everyone told Sandy the sky was too far and her dreams too big. She flew anyway. Not subscribed yet? Fix that now, before the Story Time aliens come looking for you. They're friendly. Mostly. But they don't take "later" for an answer. 👽 Subscribe & Stay Safe Open Full Screen Flip the pages inside the window. Tap the arrows in the corner to go full screen. 🫧 Planet of Lost Dreams ☄️ Comet of Courage 🌌 Nebula of Worries 💜 Galaxy of Friendship The universe is waiting for YOUR stories.

Warung Alensis

       Story Time: Visiting warung Alensis



Hello my dearest Story Time reader, how are you doing? Today I want to share another food spot that I found with you guys. On the Martin Luther King weg ( that is the street name) you will find a small cozy warung called Alensis.  Suriname offers a large variety of delicious Javanese food. I love all kinds of Surinamese food, but I have to admit that some part of me has a weakness for Javanese food. When you enter warung Alensis apart from the unique decoration and interior design you will find that they serve different traditional Javanese dishes.  For this visit I was in the mood for bami,  I might have an unhealthy affair with bami. Bami is a famous Surinamese dish of Javanese origin. It's basically a type of stir-fried noodles with chicken and sometimes this includes some long bean vegetables, baked bananas and we cannot forget the pepper. When I think of Javanese food, spicey automatically comes to mind. It makes me nostalgic for those days when my Javanese aunt and Grandma would cook in the kitchen and bring all kinds of traditional dishes to life. If you want to stay updated on more stories where I will be talking about Javanese food, don't forget to jump aboard the Story Time U.F.O. I made a video about my visit to warung Alensis and the delicious food that I had ordered.  I hope you guys enjoy the video and feel free to share my blog article with your loved ones.  I can't wait to return to you guys with another Story Time article.  What do you guys think about Bami?




I enjoyed their Bami so much that I went back for a second taste. This time I made a video of the Bami alone. That way you guys can have a better look at the Bami that Warung Alensis sells. I wish I could share a bite with all of you. But you know what they say, it's the thought that counts!



"Story Time productions logo"




 

Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>