Skip to main content

Featured post

🚀 Space Transmission: Return to Lucky Garden 🪐

  Greetings, fellow space travelers and loyal listeners! It’s your cosmic host, Shachem Lieuw , beaming straight into your orbit from our tropical home base. 👽🌴 If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ll know Lucky Garden —located on the Indira Gandhiweg in Suriname, not far from HHS (Henry Hassankhan Middelbare School) —isn't a new feature in our space transmissions. But it has been quite a long time since my last touchdown there. Change happens over time, but witnessing that evolution after a long period of withdrawal can be entirely impressive. 🍜 The Alien Landing: Upgrades at Lucky Garden I stepped through the sliding doors like a hungry alien 🛸, and I was genuinely shocked to discover a brand-new bubble tea section that also serves an array of desserts and ice creams! Here is what went down during this mission: The Main Course: I secured a plate of their classic Hong Kong tjauwmin . (Let's be real: Chinese food in Suriname just hits different and is wil...

Sweets & Brews By Nas

 


" Grilled Philly Chicken Sandwich from Sweets and Brews By Nas"




Sweets & Brews By Nas: A Much-Needed Breakfast Escape in Paramaribo ☕️✨

Hello, fellow foodies! Welcome back to another Story Time Productions adventure. I know, I’ve been a bit AWOL lately—takes a deep breath—but life in Suriname has a way of keeping me incredibly busy! 😅

Between wearing many hats and managing my latest development projects at Thermo-Dynamic Solutions N.V., my schedule has been packed with extensive research and late-night planning. I’ll share more about those professional "Blogger Notes" soon, but let’s just say the early mornings and late nights have been the "new normal."

The Hustle vs. Self-Care 🏗️⚖️

They say all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. In the world of entrepreneurship, you are constantly extinguishing fires. It’s a craft that tests your wit and resolution every single minute—balancing client needs, operational hurdles, and the shifting economy.

Everyone loves the "sparkle" of success, but rarely do they see the burns you endure to light those fireworks. However, burning all my energy without self-care and great food just isn't sustainable. That’s why my friends and I made a pact to prioritize "us" time.

Discovering Sweets & Brews by Nas 🥐

One of my close friends recently dragged me away from my busy path to enjoy the simple pleasure of smelling fresh coffee. She chose a highly recommended spot in Paramaribo Noord called "Sweets & Brews by Nas." We arrived on a Monday morning, and even for the start of the week, the place was buzzing! The moment the door opened, the scent of freshly brewed beans flirted with our nostrils. My expectations were high, and the cozy atmosphere did not disappoint.

The Food Hunt: Crunchy Baguettes & Lattes 🥯☕

The menu had some seriously tempting options. Here is what hit our table:

  • My Choice: The Chicken Baguette. It was perfectly crunchy, flavorful, and hit that "saucy" sweet spot.

  • The Crew's Picks: A Blueberry Bagel with Smoked Bang Bang (a unique twist!) and a hearty Philly Steak Sandwich.

  • The Caffeine Fix: I opted for a Latte Macchiato. It was a delightful, sweet brew topped with whipped cream and chocolate syrup—exactly the sugar rush I needed to tackle my clients for the rest of the day.

Watch the Story Time Vlog! 🎥

I captured our entire visit so you can see the aesthetic and the food for yourself. Press play below to join us for this breakfast episode!


Join the Journey! 🎒

I’ll be back soon with more tales from the 10 districts and updates on my latest projects.

Enjoyed this food hunt? Subscribe to my Blog and follow Story Time Productions for more road trips, restaurant reviews, and lifestyle notes from the heart of Suriname!




Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>