Skip to main content

Featured post

🚀 Space Transmission: Return to Lucky Garden 🪐

  Greetings, fellow space travelers and loyal listeners! It’s your cosmic host, Shachem Lieuw , beaming straight into your orbit from our tropical home base. 👽🌴 If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ll know Lucky Garden —located on the Indira Gandhiweg in Suriname, not far from HHS (Henry Hassankhan Middelbare School) —isn't a new feature in our space transmissions. But it has been quite a long time since my last touchdown there. Change happens over time, but witnessing that evolution after a long period of withdrawal can be entirely impressive. 🍜 The Alien Landing: Upgrades at Lucky Garden I stepped through the sliding doors like a hungry alien 🛸, and I was genuinely shocked to discover a brand-new bubble tea section that also serves an array of desserts and ice creams! Here is what went down during this mission: The Main Course: I secured a plate of their classic Hong Kong tjauwmin . (Let's be real: Chinese food in Suriname just hits different and is wil...

Breakfast At Hotel Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Breakfast At Hotel Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

" Coffee cups on the table, during breakfast at Royal Torarica"


Hello, Story Time friends! How have you been? Your pen pal is checking back in from tropical Paramaribo. I'm taking you on a breakfast adventure in this Story Time episode! We're taking our food tour to the peaceful backyard of Hotel Royal Torarica. When you stay at one of the Torarica hotels in Suriname, breakfast is usually included in your room rate. In one of our previous episodes, you saw how we spent the night at the Torarica Resort. The next morning, we were excited to get up for breakfast. Although we had promised to wake up early, that mission ultimately failed. The bed was so soft that we easily overslept. Our room only had one robe. But thankfully, I always carry my fluffy bunny robe with me. We headed downstairs and walked straight to the outdoor restaurant. A waiter greeted us and we were given an à la carte menu from which we could choose our breakfast options. Due to the ongoing renovations at Hotel Royal Torarica, a buffet breakfast isn't yet available. I ordered some granola with honey and ' T Kippetje ( The chicken in Dutch). Both dishes filled my tummy with bliss! I was fueled with happiness points from consuming a good meal. There weren't many dessert options. But there was plenty of coffee and juice to drink. You could even pick out fruit from the table to get those healthy vitamins for the day. Stew ordered some fish croquettes. However, personally, I am not a fan of croquettes. Growing up in my parents' catering company, I've made so many croquettes that I can no longer swallow or smell one! 

" Croquettes and colorful muffins from Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo"



Croquettes are usually eaten with mustard. This snack was served with the typical topping. They added some lettuce and tomato onto the plate to form a mini salad. For dessert, we gave the colorful muffins a try. The consistency was thick! But I assume that's the point. For dessert, the muffin was disappointing. It lacked flavor and made me fear that my stool would become as colorful as the muffin!😅 I enjoyed the granola! It easily filled my tummy and energized me for a walk. That's just what we ended up doing! While exploring the beautiful gardens of Royal Torarica, we got to burn off all those calories from our food. When the sun rose higher in the sky, it was time for a dive. One last swim, before saying goodbye! I made a vlog to share our breakfast experience at Hotel Royal Torarica. I hope you enjoy the video and don't forget to subscribe! That's right, you'll be the first to receive updates on my new blog posts. Thank you for all the support on my content creation journey. Are you planning on traveling soon? Allow Expedia to help you make your travel plans easier. From hotel rooms to your flight bookings, you are just a few clicks away from experiencing the trip of your dreams. As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through the link. Until next time, Story Time friends, I look forward to sharing more adventures.



Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>