Featured post
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Honest Review: Is SoupOso on Costerstraat Worth a visit?
Honest Review: Is SoupOso on Costerstraat Worth the Stop? 🥣
If you're exploring Paramaribo, you might find yourself wandering near Costerstraat 20a. That’s where you’ll find SoupOso. While it might not be the most "hyped" spot on social media, it’s a well-known name for anyone looking for a quick bowl of traditional Surinamese soup.
I recently visited to film a vlog and see if this local restaurant deserved a spot on your foodie itinerary. Watch the full experience, from the first look at the menu to my final thoughts, in the latest video on the Story Time U.F.O. channel! 🛸🎥
What exactly is Surinamese Peanut Soup (Pindasoep)?
Before we get into the review, let's talk about the dish itself. Peanut Soup, or Pindasoep, is a masterpiece of Surinamese culture. It’s a thick, savory soup made from ground peanuts, typically flavored with:
Aromatic herbs like celery.
Hearty additions like salted meat or chicken.
Traditional sides like tomtom (mashed plantain balls).
I’m a huge fan of peanut soup—it’s usually the ultimate comfort food for me. Because I love it so much, I always have high standards when I try a new version.
The Verdict: SoepOso’s Peanut Soup
When our order arrived, I was optimistic. The presentation was actually pretty, and it looked like exactly what you’d want on a lunch break in Paramaribo. However, once I actually started eating, the experience shifted.
The Taste: Unfortunately, it was just average. It lacked that rich, deep peanut punch that makes a great Pindasoep stand out. 🥜
The Chicken: There was barely any chicken in the bowl. For a place specializing in soup, you really expect more substance to keep you full. 🍗🤔
The TomTom: They made their Tomtom with banana. It was sweet and tasty and helped the dish from tanking to a rating below average.
While it wasn't "bad," it just wasn't "it" for me. I’ve had much more flavorful bowls elsewhere that really captured the heart of the recipe.
Watch the Vlog & Join the Crew!
Want to see the soup for yourself? I captured the whole visit in my latest vlog! You can see the texture of the soup, the vibe of the Costerstraat location, and my real-time reaction.
If you’re into honest food reviews, Surinamese adventures, and vlogs that tell it like it is, subscribe to Story Time U.F.O.! We’re zapping all over the city to find the best spots, and we want you on board for every "Story Time" episode and foodie hunt. 🛸
Subscribe now and hop aboard the U.F.O.—the next adventure is just around the corner!
Popular Posts
Sweets & Brews By Nas
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Swimming at Radisson Hotel in Paramaribo
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Simply Yummy Suriname
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Deep Tissue Massage From Han's Palace
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Pizza Dinner At Ettore's
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Oswald & Griselda
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Shadows Of Love
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
The Pet House In Paramaribo Noord
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Back to Commewijne: A Fresh Take on Warung Shaqien!
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
.jpg)
Comments
Post a Comment