Foodie Adventure at Makan Venue
📡 SECURE SPACE TRANSMISSION FROM SECTOR: SURINAME 🌌
SUBJECT: Story Time Foodie Adventure: The Secret Makan Discovery 🛸
Greetings, my interstellar family! 👽💫 Another transmission bursts through the atmospheric interference, beamed directly from my corner of this wild, chaotic, beautiful terrestrial rock. I’m sending these signals out into the cosmic void, desperately hoping they land in the right antennae—those meant to connect, resonate, and find a spark of inspiration right here on Story Time. 📻
Life down here in Suriname always has me spinning in hyper-drive. 🌪️ Even when I sit down to create and publish these episodes, I’m caught in between a relentless rush, carving out tiny slivers of time just to beam these secret messages back to the mothership.
🚗 The Phantom Warung on Lelydorperweg
For the longest time, I kept driving past this one spot. It’s located right on the Lelydorperweg, just before you reach the Lely Hills Hotel if you’re cruising from the city out toward Lelydorp through Tout Lui Fout. 🛣️ Every single time I zipped past, it caught my eye, demanding a double-take. But did I ever have the time to stop? Absolutely not.
One night, the universe finally forced a detour. The boys and I were knee-deep in a challenging AC installation project. 🌬️🔧 It was a brutally exhausting, late-night mission. (If I ever catch a breather, I’ll beam down more episodes detailing our technical grit and sweat here in Suriname!)
We didn't wrap up until 1:00 AM. ⏰ Tiring? Extremely. But what is this girl supposed to do? I genuinely want to learn every aspect of tech hands-on. Deep down, I might be getting older, but inside I’m still that exact same alien kid who was tearing apart computers at age six. 💻⚙️ I love getting my hands dirty with the hardware side of how things work—it builds a vital connection to the software side. Just like how my blog acts as the software revealing the raw, beating hardware of my daily life! 🖥️🧠
🍜 Feasting at Makan's Venue
Exhausted and hungry as a pack of starved space lions 🦁, we decided to finally give Makan's venue a shot. Let me tell my space tribe: they are an absolute gem of a Javanese warung. Even compared to other popular spots in the city, their interior design and decoration are genuinely impressive by Surinamese standards! 🏮
And the food? Out of this world. Since I work alongside the boys but remain the unapologetically spoiled princess who gets to call the shots (wink 😉), I ordered my absolute favorites:
🥣 Saoto Soup
🥟 Longtong Tahoe
Both are absolute classics frequently featured on my blog. Now, you’re probably sitting back in your cockpit thinking to yourself: "Shachem, is that seriously all you eat in Suriname?" 🤨
Hold your cosmic horses still! 🐎 I haven't even touched 1 percent of the local culinary backlog yet. So before you pull too hard on those interstellar reins, keep in mind I’m on a massive mission down here on Earth. My blog is just one small module of a much larger blueprint. Juggling a million different projects isn't for the faint of heart, but thankfully I have an incredible crew and keep crossing paths with the right souls. Sometimes I just have to prioritize other parts of this planetary mission first.
Fingers crossed all these moving parts align into a reality that feels completely out of this orbit. (There go my impossibly high standards again!) 🌌🚀
📚 Earthly Training & Surviving Suriname
In between the food and the tech work, I’ve been leveling up my stats. I officially finished my HSK1 second course and sat for the HSK1 international test! 📝🌏 While I'm still patiently waiting for the official results to beam in, I am fully confident I passed. I poured real effort into it—even experimenting with creating content in Mandarin! (Another teaser, and your official hint to subscribe and climb aboard my spaceship right now. What are you waiting for? Get in before the planetary invasion arrives! 🛸) I'll try to drop those pieces in the near future.
As a writer, I intentionally forced myself to practice early. Why? Because I know writing Mandarin can be a tricky hurdle, especially being left-handed. ✍️ But we aliens learn how to adapt fast to Earth conditions. We use pure logic to identify our weak points and tackle them first. 🧠💡
Surviving Suriname is a bumpy ride through a wild meteor shower—it definitely isn't for the weak. Learning how to genuinely enjoy this country despite its heavy political, social, and economic currents... that right there is where true hope lives.
🌅 Sometimes you just have to dare to see the beauty in places people overlook. That’s why I love sharing these golden moments with you guys.
Enjoy the vlog footage of Makan's venue down below. Keep your sensors sharp and your eyes peeled for the next transmission. 🎥
Over and out. 🛰️✌️
.jpg)







Comments
Post a Comment