Featured post

Exploring Earth Cultures: Touch China Fair πŸš€πŸŒΈ

Animated blog banner showing space alien tech-geek Shachem Lieuw vlog filming at the Touch China Fair in the Prince Ballroom. The image features Chinese characters for ζ„ŸηŸ₯中国展 (Touch China Fair), a glowing Phoenix crown display, origami paper crane, space exploration models, interactive robot, a girl playing the Guzheng zither in Hanfu, a tea set, and logos for Zijin, Huawei, and Story Time Productions.


Hey space travelers! Shachem Lieuw here with a new transmission from Earth.

I know, I know… this event happened last year, but I’m finally getting around to sharing it! I’m still struggling with my content backlog—gasp! As a certain juggling alien loves to mention on her blog, keeping up with Earth time and content schedules is no easy feat. But better late than never, right?

In today’s space dome adventure, I’m taking you to the Touch China Fair, hosted by the Confucius Institute Suriname and sponsored by the Chinese Embassy, at Ballroom Prince.

Art, Tea, and High-Tech Space Models πŸ€–

The fair featured incredible displays of traditional arts, including Chinese calligraphy, tea art, and Chinese paper folding (origami). They even had a stunningly pretty Phoenix Crown (Fengguan) on display! Plus, not to brag, but I got to meet Labubu.πŸ˜„πŸ˜…

As a huge tech geek, my favorite part was the technology section. They had interactive robots on display, as well as detailed models of China’s space exploration missions. I absolutely love learning about how humans perceive space and space travel—it's always fascinating to see how Earthlings imagine reaching for the stars. πŸ’«

Future Projects & Cultural Roots πŸ΅πŸ‰

Popular Chinese companies, such as Zijin and Huawei, were present, displaying their potential future projects for Suriname. Between the food, the music, and the great vibes, it was amazing to see so many Surinamese people immersing themselves in Chinese culture.

This culture is definitely not foreign to Suriname. My own Chinese ancestors settled here back in the 18th century, alongside ancestors from many other cultures. That rich history is why so many mixed Surinamese people carry Chinese family names today—just like me!

As you know from my previous posts, I already finished HSK 1, and I recently started my HSK 2 classes this week! My LǎoshΔ« (teacher) taught us the phrase for mixed-race/mixed-blood: ζ··θ‘€ε„Ώ (hΓΉnxiΔ›'Γ©r).

To top it all off, there were people dressed in gorgeous traditional Hanfu attire, and a Surinamese musician playing beautiful melodies on the Guzheng (Chinese zither).

Watch the Vlog! πŸ“Ή

I captured all the vibrant energy, technology, traditional beauty, and art in a brand-new vlog. Check out the video below to experience the Touch China Fair with me:



Enjoy the vlog, and don't forget to subscribe so you won't miss a single space transmission! πŸ“‘




Comments

Popular Posts