Lately

 Lately

"Two lovers enjoying the view at the beach"


Lately, I've changed the ink in my pen.
But that didn't stop me from writing about you again. I wanted to erase you from the pages of my life. But how do you remove ink from paper or the dreams of being husband and wife? I might struggle to make the frame fit. My hands might tremble when I think about not being able to commit. My feet have become light enough to evade you like a plague. Whenever someone asks me about you I always answer as if I am about to be beaten by a cane. Holding on to hope that the quick I don't know slipping from my tongue will hide the fluster in my cheeks caused by the mere mention of your name.But how could they know that you were the reason for my pain. If love is a game, we have everything to lose and as much to gain. Ever since you stole my heart I've never been the same. Lately, I've been feeling kind of lame! Lately I have begun to accept that without you life will be dull. After each conversation with you I would feel wonderful! That's why it was so difficult to swallow my pride when I had to pick up the pieces of my heart shattered by my lover. Infatuated by the version of you that I romanticized I didn't realize you were a heartbreaker. All this time I was prey falling in love with the predator. You were so good at being a pretender. And I kept convincing myself that if I loved you more we would get better. Lately, I've realized I was a fool not to know it would never be enough. So this is what it feels like to get bombed in love. You'd adorned me in affection as if I was a bride being unveiled on her wedding night. My mind knew this was wrong, but my heart said that our connection felt just right! Like a nation at war, you cut off my supply. Addicted to your touch, I craved the atomic energy you fed me. I went crazy from hunger. My silence became my shield as our separation only made my heart fonder. Lately I have discovered I'm not afraid to lose you. I am just afraid that being with you means losing me. If you won't love me, I will. Lately I heard the angels whisper to me: " If you love someone you don't push them down the hill.".



Authors note: I hope you guys enjoyed this short poem I wrote. Leave a comment behind to let me know what you think. Are you traveling in the future? Go to Expedia and they will help you find great deals on flights, hotels, and car rentals. As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through the link. See you soon friends, positive vibes from your Surinamese pen pal.

" Heart being pulled apart"


Comments

Popular Posts