Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

The Community Hub

                          

Jayden who didn't like reading


                              Storytime with The Community Hub

Today on the 12th of January  I woke up really early and headed out to The community Hub. (Yes Manime fans hold your horses, I'll get there. ) The community hub is located in Flora A Ormosia street 22. It is surprisingly easy to find. That is already a big plus point for me after you pass the police station you immediately see a  sign that reads " The community hub".  I walked in looking for my friend Mark. He is the one who invited me, and yes most of you already know him as an artist/book illustrator and even a writer. In the past Zerachiel Mark has even made headlines with his work that he entered into writing contests. He doesn't like to talk much about it and is a very relaxed guy.  Mark volunteers for The community hub and he offered to let me know more about it since I told him about how the movie Idiocracy from 2006 scarred me.  He introduced me to other Volunteers as well.  I can tell you right now how impressed I am with the work they do at The Community Hub.  So we at Story Time decided to do something special. The volunteers at the Community hub love teaching children in a very creative way. In doing the work they love, they create a safe environment for the children who all visit The Community hub. They interact with them and teach the kids to be able to tell their stories. So Just For You the volunteers of The community Hub,I decided to do something special.  I called my friend who owes me a huge favor, and he was glad enough to help me surprise the children and volunteers of The Community hub in a small way.  But before we get to that let me tell you more about The community hub and the amazing work their volunteers do.

 







                                         What is The community Hub?

I already told you where The Community hub is, now you must be wondering what The Community hub is? The first thing you have to understand is that The community hub is more than it might seem. If you think this is an ordinary library in Flora then you are wrong. It serves the purpose of a community center with a dedicated active volunteer basis of 20 people. If you google the word community center you will read on Wikipedia that community centers are public locations where members of the community tend to gather for group activities. The community hub offers its volunteers the freedom to initiate their own projects. Therefore they give community members the opportunity to develop leadership skills and the ability to initiate projects that give back to the community. In other words, they help shape and form young minds so that our future does not involve electrolytes. Pardon for the Idiocracy pun.  The Community hub has a very relaxed vibe, when you walk in you see a set of rules that all the children and adults follow.  The moment you take of your shoes and walk in you indeed do feel relaxed. No wonder that during my entire visit at The community hub it kept getting referred to as the safe zone.  The Community hub first opened up its doors in December of 2016. I spoke to the different project coordinators who volunteer for the community hub about this year's ongoing projects and also their experiences volunteering. In the short time, I spent there I noticed the importance and value of places like this for children. I got to look at it from the volunteer's perspective and also spoke to some of the children at The Community Hub. This of course made me realize that this was a story that storytime had to share from all angles. So I couldn't post this article on the 12th of January,  instead, I have been patiently waiting until today the 3rd   of February. Holding off all the other exciting stories I wrote after my 1st visit to The Community hub.  I have already visited The Community Hub three times since the 12th of January, I participated in some of their activities and most of all I also spoke to the children and parents visiting The Community hub. To be honest I had a lot of fun and right now I do miss going back to The Community hub.  Most of the children and parents I spoke to had no idea I was there to write a blog.






                       What it takes to be a volunteer for The Community hub.



I spoke to Roche Kersout one of the volunteers and project coordinators for The Community hub. He was very friendly and in the confidence of his voice, you could hear that he is very passionate about his work at The Community  Hub.  He has been a coordinator for  six months now.  Roche Kersout says that if you want to be a volunteer for The Community hub you are free to drop by for a conversation. We like to find out what the volunteers are passionate about. That same passion is then transformed into projects for the children who frequently visit The Community Hub.  The ultimate goal is to teach, educate and guide the children. Roche Kersout says that is the reason why their logo is " Lezen is dromen met je ogen open". That's Dutch for reading is dreaming with your eyes open. Their logo is painted on the walls in the library of The Community hub.

                                        



"Jayden and Rohit in The Community Hub"
Rohit Sadhoe volunteer at The Community hub


The Community Hub is open for fresh and new ideas that volunteers suggest. That also shows the different clubs they have.  When you finally decide to turn your passion into volunteer work, the Community Hub will invite you to join some of their activities and then you can fill in the registration papers.  The volunteers are trained in skill development and peer to peer conversations. In the end, Roche Kersout says it's all about the children having a place where they can be themselves. You have to give them the freedom to be able to express themselves, and if they don't want to listen we call them to the door. They then get to read the rules we have written down out loud and after that, they already understand and respect the rules". Roche Kersout was eager to make me meet one of the children that frequently visit The Community Hub.  A young boy named Jayden introduces himself. Jayden tells me that he didn't like reading at all until he started coming to The Community Hub. Now he can't get enough of reading. I asked him what makes reading here different? Jayden quickly responded, " It's fun, I get to learn to read while playing interactive games". Roche then explains " We teach the children to read in different ways. We let them decide how they want to read, that way they can explain to us what they understand from the stories.  Sometimes we do see children that have problems at home. When we notice something like that, we try to approach them in a way where they know that The Community Hub will always be a safe place for them".


The Community hub is a place where children are free to express their talents. With proper guidance from the volunteers, they are taught life skills.  Roche Kersout says; "It is important to give the children the freedom to be a kid".


Roche Kersout: " It is important to give the children the freedom to be a kid"

                                     The Community Hub and tutoring. 

The Community Hub also provides tutoring for children between 6 years and 20 years old. I spoke to Sidnyl Kenswil. He has been tutoring children for about 10 years now. In the last 3 months he started working with The Community Hub they have been tutoring children in Maths, Physics, and accounts. Of course, there are many other subjects they help the Children with. Sidnyl Kenswil says " We prefer it if the children come with their parents. Because the parents can explain to us what the child his or her problem is with studying. Sometimes children can't explain so well why it is they are struggling with certain subjects.  When we know what the problem is we can take a positive approach towards the problem. That way we can work on improving the child's study.  Today we had 6 children come in for tutoring. Some come on a regular basis and some come every other week." Sidnyl Kenswil also likes to do motivation sessions for the children. " Yesterday I did a motivation session with one kid who has failure anxiety. I gave her advice on how to deal with it. The Community Hub has some professionals in house. We have 8 people that tutor the kids and some of them have a pedagogical background". I asked Sidnyl if they also facilitate tutoring for children with dyslexia and dyscalculia. " We have 1 child who we tutor with dyslexia, she just recently started.  Sidnyl Kenswil is also one of the coordinators for creative reading. " I think it is important to teach the children creative reading. Because when they can understand what they are reading they tend to do better in school. You have some children that are good at math but because they don't understand so well what they are reading they tend to make mistakes that could lead to bad results in school.  We do have some resources to tutor the children. Right now we have 1 table and 7 yellow chairs".  Not enough you might think that is also the reason why Sydnyl says that they tutor the children in groups throughout the day.   The Community hub provides tutoring for children attending G.L.O, V.O.J, and V.O.S schools ( elementary to high school).







                                                       The Hub Kidz.


The Hub Kidz is a club for children where they get together to learn new languages. I asked Hub Kidz coordinator and volunteer Jetro Anches to tell me more about The Hub Kidz. "  The Hub kidz is a club where the children get to do activities and self-expression. We also teach children languages like Dutch, Sranang tongo Spanish and English.  Every month we have a theme and this month our theme is to make your own superhero.  We let the children work out their own superheroes and the values their superhero stands for.  They get to decorate their own superhero. At The Community Hub, we like to communicate with the children so that they can tell us what they like.  If one of the Children comes up to me and talks to me in Spanish, English, Dutch, or Sranang Tongo I have to respond in the language that they talk to me.  But we also like to learn from the Children. I don't know all the languages yet. There is a little Brazilian boy he taught me some Portuguese phrases and I keep learning from him".  Jetro Anches clearly likes doing volunteer work for The Community Hub. I asked Jetro what makes him like volunteering for The Community Hub? " I get to do what I am passionate about.  I always wanted to share my knowledge with other people.  Volunteering for The Community Hub gives me space and tools to do so with these children. They even give me a small fund to buy arts and craft materials for the children. We have good teamwork going on here at The Community". Jetro Anches says he has a natural passion for languages and he credits his family for that. " I have a lot of Dutch teachers in my family and ever since I was a kid I was a bookworm. I love reading especially English books".  Jetro mostly works with children between the age of 6 and 12 years but the Hub Kidz has an even younger member.  " 4-year-old Toshiro is very bright, he is never ashamed to speak up ad he picks up new words fast. Communicating with the children only ensures that we at The Community hub have a bond of trust with the children that visit The Community Hub". Jetro says that right now he is the only one coordinating The Kidz hub but there are 8 other ladies who are interning at the moment. He would love to learn more and new languages but his volunteering work for The Community Hub takes away most of his time.







" Jetro Anches coordinator"
Jetro Anches coordinator Hub Kidz  

Children playing interactive games


                                             The Gentleman's hub.


After my conversation with Jetro Anches, Roche Kersout introduced me to another coordinator and volunteer Rohit Sadhoe.  Rohit was previously occupied with creative reading in a quiet room full of children. I got to take a sneak peek when Roche Kersout was giving me a tour of The Community Hub. You can really see that the children are very focused on the story. They each got a turn to read out of a book. I didn't want to disturb him at that moment so when Roche introduced us I immediately grabbed my chance to find out more about The Gentleman's hub from Rohit Sadhoe.  Rohit told me that " The Gentleman's hub is a club for young men between the age of 13 and 45 years old. We teach the young men what it is to be a gentleman. This project has been going on for longer than a month now.  The Gentleman's hub is all about teaching men to be in their own comfort zone. Growing up boys are often told that they aren't allowed to express their emotions.  We do psychology sessions with the members of The Gentleman's hub and motivation nights. They are also taught about role models, sports, and self-defense".  Yes, you read that right, apparently, Rohit Sadhoe  is a member of the Krav Maga academy. That makes it easier for him to teach kids to kick ass, of course for self-defense cases.  The Gentleman's Hub also teaches young men how to dress.  When they have an activity the Gentlemen wear a neat polo shirt with long pants. If they are going out they wear a suiting polo shirt with jeans.  I asked Rohit what he would advise people who want to volunteer for The Community hub? "  You have to witness it for yourself first. Come by to The Community Hub and witness some of our activities. Only then can you ask yourself if volunteering is something you want to do".

" Rohit Sadhoe with the children during creative reading"
Rohit Sadhoe during creative reading with the children of the community hub.


February the 1st was the launch of The gentleman's hub. Below are some pictures of their launch. Of course, all of these photos with The Community hub their logo on it come from another talented volunteer. So a shout out to Konsensi''s photography.  Be sure to like their Facebook page.












                                                     The Book Club.


When I finished talking to Rohit my friend Mark called me on the side. " I forgot to tell you about The book club".   Of course, The Community Hub also serves as a library. Everywhere you turn you see a book. There is something to read for everyone. Mark has been volunteering for The Community Hub since May 2018. While sorting books on the shelves Mark told me all about the book club. " Book Club is organized once a month, this month the book club gets together on the 25th of January.  In Book Club, we discuss different kinds of books. How the reader experiences the story. We introduce the children to analytical reading. This month the discussion will be about " Het achterhuis van Anne Frank" ( The Diary of Anne Frank for my foreign readers). There is a list with literature to go through for the next 10 months. 













                                                      The Girls Hub.


Of course, The Community Hub also has a club for girls.  Risma Bissesar was happy to tell me all about it. "  The Girls Hub is all about female empowerment. We get together every Thursday of the week. This Thursday we will be doing a modeling workshop for the girls". To find out more about the Girls Hub Risma suggested introducing me to another volunteer.

" Boujoura Hasselbaink"
Boujoura Hasselbaink


So I visited The Community hub for a third time to have a conversation with Boujoura Hasselbaink . 
She was already expecting me so the moment I sat down she already came over to introduce herself. A very energetic personality, you can clearly tell that she already feels at home in The Community Hub despite only being a volunteer for three months. Boujoura explained to me that when she was just volunteering here she grabbed the opportunity to create her own platform. And that is how she became coordinator of the Girls Hub. She and Marcelino Geldorp are both coordinators of the Girls Hub. They just started with the Girls Hub this January and so far they are doing a great job. " The Girls Hub is for girls between 13 and 19 years old.  We are all about empowering women, we do that by organizing different sessions, motivational seminars, and workshops. We get together every third Thursday of the month between 5pm and 7 pm. During each sessions, we work with 15- 20 girls". I asked Boujoura why she thinks it is important to be a part of the Girls Hub? " When you join the Girls Hub you get to learn new things. You get to know yourself a little bit better. We teach kids to keep believing in themselves and to never give up on their goals. Being a volunteer has its nice and not so nice moments. But is indeed a chance to influence important life decisions. So that the youth can make good choices. We have to have a positive influence on them". Boujoura also thinks that this is a good reason to be a volunteer for The Community Hub. " I hope that the people who decide to join The Community Hub come to join my team. There is plenty of work to do with The Girls Hub. It is a safe place where you be yourself". When I heard Boujoura say that at the end of our interview I understood why these are the exact same words that all of the children and volunteers of The Community Hub use to describe this place. A woman suddenly walked up to us, she was apparently there to pick up her children. She had mistaken me for a volunteer and told me " I love the work you guys do here, you do a lot for the children. This is good work". Of course, I had to explain to her that I wasn't a volunteer there. So I pointed her towards Boujoura as I made my exit out of The Community Hub. Just so I could finish this story for the readers". Below you will find pictures of one of The Girls Hub activities that Risma had told me about.  Read on for Manime Club!






















                                                     The Manime club.


" Commenting Librarian"
Risma Bissesar Manime Club Coordinator 

Risma Bissesar has been volunteering for The Community Hub since August 2018.  She coordinates The Manime club, yes manga, and anime lovers this is the moment you have been patiently waiting for.  Manime is a clever combination of the word Anime and Manga.  Anime is a popular term used for Japanese cartoons and animation movies.  But in Japan, the word is used to describe all kinds of cartoons and animations, no matter what the origin country is. Shout out to my readers in Japan.  Manga and Anime mostly go hand in hand.  That is because when Manga becomes popular it mostly gets turned into Anime. For example on of my personal favorites Hero Academia. No spoilers please I'm behind. It was a manga that is what the Japanese call a comic story, when it grew popular they made an anime from it.  The Manga Anime ( Manime) club first started with 4 kids according to Risma Bissesar. " Mark and I use to have intense discussions about anime. While volunteering for The Community Hub we noticed that some of the children had an interest in Anime as well. We held our first focus group meeting with 4 children and we improvised on day one. We sat down with them and asked them what rules they wanted for Manime club. They came with their own ideas and expectations for Manime club.  When it came to introductions I told the children to introduce themselves with their name and Nindo". For the readers who aren't familiar with Naruto, Nindo means the Ninja way. It is a personal rule that each shinobi lives by. It is their way of life, motto, or even dream. Naruto his Nindo is to never go back on his word.  Risma Bissesar says it is about the core values. " Some children say their Nindo is about becoming a firefighter or becoming the greatest animator in the world.  We like to encourage the children to keep those dreams because the older you become the more dreams fade away. We keep the children motivated to stay true to their Nindo. The Manime club gathers 4 times a month. Mostly on Thursdays, right now we have about 12 children. 7 of them show up frequently. Depending on the number of people present we mostly start around 4:30 pm. After watching an anime we have discussions about the anime we watched. We ask the kids what they learned from the anime and what part they like about it. This helps them work on their debating skills. They know that this is a safe space to watch the anime they like. During Manime club they get to learn Japanese words as well. "One time I was teaching the children about Hisashiburi, that is Japanese for a long time no see. I asked the Children to name something they haven't seen in a while. One of the children raised his hand and said that he didn't see his father in a long time. Then 2 other children told him that they haven't seen their father in a long time as well. It made the kid realize that he wasn't the only one without a present father figure. They know that this is a safe place for them to share their feelings. And after that, the discussion continues. The children love discussing anime. One time we started late and I thought we could skip the discussion. One of the kids was immediately disappointed and said that he came for the discussion. So we had to do the discussion. After that, we started doing Anime movie night for the older anime nights, because there was an interest in it". Risma Bissesar told me full of excitement about what Manime club stands for." One time a kid even came with his own action figures".  Of course, they have a lot of other projects planned out. But don't you think that is a story for another time?



                                                   Anime Movie Night. 


Of course, I had to see some of these activities myself so I went to Manime night with a friend of mine. I asked him to help me bake some cookies and hook up something nice for Manime Night. Since he owes me a huge favor he kindly agreed. Naturally, it would not be an Anime Night if I can't dress upright? So Yes I did dress up.

Feel free to dress up when visiting Manime club
When my friend and I arrived the kids were very friendly to greet us. They kept asking if we were new Manime members and made us feel very comfortable. They were all so nice but none of them had any idea that we were there undercover for this blog. 17-year-old Xaviera rushed over to introduce herself, well she is almost 17. She is a Pisces and a frequent Manime club visitor. I asked her if she comes to Manime club every time? " I never miss a night and I wouldn't know what to do if I do miss a Manime night. " Xaviera already knows what she wants to become, she wants to be a voice actor for a Japanese Anime.  Who knows maybe one of my Japanese readers can hook her up? Xaviera certainly convinced us to keep coming back for more Manime night. Before the movie started my friends and I decided to do a small donation for The Community Hub. It may not be much but a little goes a long way. And we could clearly tell that everyone enjoyed it.  We got the chance to see the action figures ourselves and laying down in a safe relaxed place we enjoyed the movie. This kid even came up to me and offered me some of his snacks. He figured someone might as well share with those who donated. It made me smile, thanks Kid I appreciate it.  But that was it for this edition of Storytime, let me know in the comments what you think about The Community Hub. Be sure to keep an eye out for more articles. For the rest let's let the pictures do the talking about Manime night, for young and for old.















Comments

  1. Stopping by to say thanx for writing an enthusiastic piece on The Community Hub!

    Hope you visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure, maybe I will write about cosplay day as well. I just received the invite on Facebook.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn

A Paramaribo Foodie Adventure At Tori Oso In Suriname

 Story Time: Paramaribo foodie adventure at Tori Oso Hello, my dearest Story Time friends from around the world. How have you guys been doing? As usual, I'm back with another foodie adventure! This time we're reviewing a popular local restaurant in Paramaribo that's called Tori Oso. By the way to my fellow Surinamese people happy Keti Koti! In Sranang Tongo, the language all locals speak means the chains are broken. Today on the 1st of July emancipation day is celebrated in the Republic of Suriname. But I'll tell you more about that in another Story Time episode. So make sure you subscribe to my blog when you see that Story Time U.F.O. pop-up on your screen! 🛸👽👾That way you'll be the first to get my Story Time adventures zapped right to your inbox! On this foodie adventure in Paramaribo, we visited Tori Oso on a hot afternoon. Tori Oso is located at Fred Derby Street #76. On their Facebook page , it said that they open at 4pm. But it's better if you show up