Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

5 Affirmations of self love to build strength for the future

                  5 Affirmations of self-love



Hello my awesome Storytime readers, if you are new here you have found a great blog without knowing it. I am still working on it since I am not perfect and time isn't always on my side. In my country Suriname I am a busy bee but I try my best to keep my international readers updated. As a  writer, I have been practicing for a long time. This year my blog will be turning 11 years old. How time goes by so fast, gasp! If you are new here check out my other articles and hit the subscribe button to stay updated on new content. I've been doing these affirmations of self-love and they have helped me so much on my personal journey. The only thing is this Queen is a public figure that loves privacy. The good news is that my heart is in the right place, that is something my people know and can vouch for. But as a Queen, I always stay humble, therefore I am sharing my affirmations of self-love with you guys. May they work as well for you as they have worked for me. Once you start the journey of self-love it's a different world out there. Each experience has its own value, that only adds to your own self-worth. This year for Easter I spent some time in the deep interior of Suriname.  The peace and quiet that nature provides gave me a wonderful opportunity to do some introspection.  A lot of amazing things have been happening in my personal life lately. That helps me stay positive despite the pandemic and the fact that my country Suriname has almost been declared bankrupt.  As an idealist, I have come to learn that this world is full of chaos. A harsh reality, but when I look back into the history of this world it has mostly been filled with harsh realities. But even in darkness, we must find the light. Because in between all the chaos there have always been figures who shine a ray of hope for a better future. As an idealist, I seek motivation in the positive aspects of humanity. For we are mere specs of dust compared to this amazing creation that we live in. I realize that even darkness is necessary so that we may see the light and follow its guidance.  Following that train of thought, I take every small opportunity that I can get in my hectic life to search for the light within me. The moment I start these journeys of introspection I realize that the flames that reside within me must be fed. Whatever you feed it with will impact the intensity of the light that guides you within. I chose to feed mine with these affirmations of self-love.  The moment I started feeding my flames with these affirmations it became easier for me to shine my light and to speak my truth in a loud world. Here are 5 more affirmations of self-love, enjoy. Or as a good friend of mine would say:  

                         "Sit back, relax, watch the show and enjoy."

                                                           1. My voice has power

I'm an introvert that doesn't look like an introvert at all. Believe it or not, I am not much of a talker. That doesn't have to be a bad thing, but I try to find a balance. Since I am also the most extroverted introvert. But enough about that, one thing I have come to learn despite mostly being a quiet girl is that my voice has power. My opinions, ideas, and ideals do matter and they have value. Maybe that's why I tend to reserve my voice most of the time compared to other public figures. I also like to hide from the spotlight, yet at the same time you could literally put me in a jungle in a hut, that's excluded from villages and people would still find me. Lol, there is a true story hidden somewhere in there.  But let's not giggle out loud yet! The point that I am trying to make is, that even though I don't often talk, I do know the value of my voice. I think my introverted moments also help strengthen my voice. My voice has strength, compassion, fire, understanding, tender love and so much more. Because my voice is the only thing that I have to even try to explain my essence.  And I think that that is the case for everyone. Introverted or extroverted, what I am trying to say is don't weaken your voice. Learn how to use it so you may speak and live your truth. Express your soul in this world that we are living in, for I am wise enough to know that nothing is everlasting. Not time, not days, not nights, not stars, not planets. So paint your soul with your voice in all the interactions that are a part of your daily life. Keep self-love in mind when you do this, so your voice may always stay true to the flames that are burning inside of you. Realize that your voice has power, and how you use it is entirely in your hands.  I don't use my voice often, but when I do its power is well heard. My voice could speak for so many because I chose not to use it for the unnecessary. The way you use your voice only exposes the core of your essence and character. 

      2. I have no regrets for I understand that the universe has its own flow 

I have no regrets about the good and the bad in my past. For they have all shaped me into the woman that I am today. I do believe that the universe has an intention for all forms of life. I assume that they call it the circle of life for a reason. We each have a role to play to sustain existence as we know it. That is also why I think that every living creature has a purpose. If that wasn't the case, what would be the point? From the experiences that I have gained in my own personal life, I definitely believe that there is a reason for everything. Even when we may not always understand it. But in this big universe that is just one of the billions and trillions of things that we don't understand.  Sometimes we just have to accept fate and realize that we cannot control life. We can only live it, appreciate it, give thanks to it, enjoy it, and love it. A simple philosophy to such complex emotional experiences. When I think about it I wonder if this is why they call it nature. That's why you shouldn't have regrets about the past either. If you don't like where you were, you can't do anything about it. But you can learn from it so that you can take better steps to be in a happier place tomorrow. Accept nature as it is and make peace with yourself so that you may attract better. 

                    3. I am grateful for each day that I get to experience


Life is short, I've seen people younger than me bite the dust. You never know when your time comes. But one thing that you can be assured of is that your time lies in the moments that you are experiencing right now. Be appreciative for each day that you get to experience. For every moment that you can spend with your loved ones while they still have time to share with you. Enjoy the gift of a new day and show thanks for it. See each new day as a new adventure in your story. That's basically what I do, I can honestly say that at 28 I have had more adventures in my life than other people get to experience over a lifetime. I am thankful for the moments I have had, the people I have encountered, the smiles that I smiled. If we long for the positive moments in our future, we have to appreciate the positive moments in our past as well. I am thankful ......and therefore I am blessed with the gift of seeing the sun, moon, and stars all in one sky going through their different phases. Note down all the things that you are thankful for, sometimes we do need to take a pause and give ourselves a pat on the back.  If you don't recognize the positive in your lives, no one else will do it for you. You are living your own story, and that starts from the moment of birth. You have gone through your own cycle of growth, learning, and understanding. An experience that deserves appreciation.

   4. I should treat myself as well as I expect others to treat me

This one took me a while to learn. But it's an important one that I want to share with you guys. You should treat yourself as well as you expect others to treat you. Only by doing this will the boundaries that you place into your life be effective.  The respect and love you show to yourself and others only speak of the value that you hold for yourself and those that appreciate you. Take good care of your own mental, physical and emotional health. At the end of the day, you are the only one who can act responsibly enough to take important decisions for your well-being. That is a burden you cannot place on others. Believe in your own strength and show as much adoration for yourself as you have for your dear ones. Water your soul, mind, and body with positive energy and love.  When you start doing this you will notice how slowly but surely you will start to blossom in life. When you can make yourself happy on the inside, that's a power that no one can take away from you. That is the commitment and dedication that you are showing yourself. In this, I find stability, because for me it seems weird to commit to others when you can't commit to yourself. Don't get me wrong, I have struggled with this in the past. It is because of this struggle that I have learned that if you can't find balance, love, happiness, and peace within you cannot find it in the chaos of another.  You are after all the center of your own universe, the main character of your story. Start within and build strong foundations so you may find your place in this world. When you work on this, it becomes easier to face and impact the world around you in a positive manner.

                         5. I shall have no fear for the future

Be satisfied with life and the moments that you have. When you appreciate every experience you release all fears that hold you back. Because you realize that you are connected to everything and nothing at the same time. I know some deep philosophy right there.  Being grounded and rooted in your reality shouldn't limit you from building up the courage to make your dreams, goals, plans, and aspirations a reality. You are a unique being in your own way.  And in your own way you impact society, whether you are aware of it or not. Hold no fears for the future and put your best foot forward in this moment. For that is more than enough, by taking action you are already moving towards purpose.  Accept that you cannot control tomorrow but you can impact this moment. Don't be afraid to dream, for all great creations were based on dreams.  A couple of eons ago humanity thought some people were crazy for dreaming that mankind would be able to fly. Look at us today, we keep expanding our horizons. We fly across seas and even reach planets. The ability to dream only gives you the opportunity to exercise your creativity. It is when we use creativity that we are able to create. That's all I have to say for this episode. I hope you guys enjoyed my wisdom and until next time ........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn

Hotel Torarica

                               Story Time:       Pool day at hotel Torarica in Paramaribo Hello my dearest Story Time friends from around the world, how has the new year been treating you so far? I am back with a new Story Time episode. Fingers crossed that my schedule allows more posting this year. I have a lot of stories to share with you from my different adventures. In this adventure, we are having a pool day at hotel Torarica in Paramaribo. When I filmed this video I had just reached my first 10.000 views on Youtube. That was a while ago when I just started my Youtube journey.  Filming for Youtube and my blog has been quite the learning journey. From all the technical difficulties to the content I lost and figuring out how to get better shots. But when you are as determined as I am you learn while you are on the go. I am excited to see what fun content I'll create in the coming year. It helps a lot when you subscribe to my blog by filling in your e-mail address when that Sto