Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

5 Affirmations of self love to help you grow

                5 Affirmations of self-love 

" Story time logo"


I cannot believe that we are almost halfway through 2021. What a year, time went by faster than I could keep track of. It's been an adventurous 2021, the world is still dealing with a pandemic. But it's a good thing that I have come to find out that lockdowns can be used for some introspection exercises and personal development journeys as well. I have been doing new exercises to improve the quality of my life and to be more content with living my life despite the many challenges that each of us has to face in this world. That's my way of trying to look at the brighter side during this pandemic. Of course, I do worry about the situation. But right now I aim to keep my cortisol levels low.  Mental health is as important as physical health.  If there is one thing that I have learned during this pandemic, it's that we must appreciate what we have. If you knew that this pandemic was going to happen, what would you do? Would you enjoy more outings with friends and loved ones? It's funny that being close to each other has become such a dangerous thing in this modern world, yes there is a subtle hidden meaning somewhere in that sentence.  On the other hand, I get the opportunity to be creative enough to turn my written words into more personal experiences. These personal experiences keep me busy in a healthy way during lockdowns.  They also have a positive effect on my personal development and the results they have produced so far have been impressive. I can't wait to see what happens when I do this more often. What can I say I, like to keep my head in the future. It is one of the many parts of myself that I have come to accept. To love yourself is to love the gift of life. Especially when the pandemic only makes us realize that no moment is promised. I guess it is true, you don't know what you have until you lose it. Take a while to let that sink in and think back about all the things that you missed out on after covid. Unfortunately, the virus outbreak is beyond our control and who knows what intentions the universe has.  But one thing I do know is that mankind never loses hope. It is our primitive survival instinct. It is the reason our ancestors crawled to land and decided to start walking. It is the reason they have survived the Ice ages, volcanoes, wars, hunger, and plagues. It is the reason why you and I strive to live, to improve, to achieve. It is the hope that our hunger will be satisfied, and until that satisfaction has not been reached we will keep striving forward. From the ponds and lakes that our ancestors crawled out of, we are now expanding our horizons into the universe. Whereas a couple of hundreds of years ago it was impossible for mankind to fly. It was nothing but a dream and an unachievable. In the same way that it was unimaginable that one day you guys would be reading this blog article on Storytime ( Hire me for marketing if you like the long intro, joke, or Nah) from all over the world on devices that run on power. If that tells me anything about how the world works, it is that it all starts with a dream. A dream can become a vision, and a vision, can become a mission, and a mission can be executed into reality. Be careful when threading this path, for it is only meant for the brave, the strong, the wise, the willing, and the ones willing to learn and understand. You have to know what you are capable of, and therefore to love yourself is to love the gift of life. Without it, many dreams would not have been manifested. Here are 5 more affirmations of self-love to help you manifest the person you strive to become: 

             1. I am grateful for being in my shoes right now





I know it might sound cliche, but I am starting affirmation number one with this one: " I am grateful for being in my shoes right now".  The gift of life must be appreciated and valued. Especially with the pandemic going on, I know you can always have it better and no one's life is perfect.  Mine isn't either and for now, I don't have it all figured out as well. But I accept that it's a learning process with continuous opportunity for growth. If I did have it all figured out, imagine how boring my life would be at 40? It's a journey, a beautiful one that I try to enjoy. The older I have become the more I have learned that the challenges I have faced and still face are only there to remind me what I am made of. As a woman, an individual, a spec of dust in this cluster I know who I am and I am not afraid to live my truth. That is a different kind of freedom, it is liberating for the soul, mind, and body. All in all, I am grateful for being alive and being able to experience the moments. I am grateful for the opportunities that have entered my life, for the lessons I have learned, and for where my journey has brought me so far. I am grateful for experiencing today, yesterday, and the gift of tomorrow that is never promised.  By valuing what I have today, I am making room for more blessing tomorrow. 



        2.  I am growing and will continue to do so 

I realize that I am going through my own personal journey in life, like most of you are.  I look at it as one big adventure. While I am at it, I am learning, enjoying, and growing. I love evolving as an individual, and being able to reflect on how far I have come is very satisfying. I am not completely where I want to be, but I also know that that is a good thing. Because I strive to achieve the goals that I have set for myself. Without these goals, my life would be boring, empty and I wouldn't feel as if I am living up to my purpose.  Noticing progress keeps me motivated. Knowing that every step that I take helps me grow and learn makes me bold enough to take the steps that I  need to take for me to make progress on my own life path. When we face the future, we must face it with strength and bravery. We must be willing to grow into the person that we want to become. When you go through life with this mentality you will realize that pain is only the price that you had to pay for the results. You take each step knowing that simply taking a step already is growth. For we are energy, and energy keeps evolving, in the same way, that humanity keeps evolving. 

           3. I am inspired and therefore I shall inspire


In anything that you undertake, it is important to keep yourself inspired. For inspiration is the source of motivation. By being inspired you will be better motivated to get through the day and do what you have to do. Work will not feel like work, and every day is a new chapter, a new adventure, and a new headline. When you are inspired creativity runs free. When you set your creativity free this improves problem-solving skills. Your motivation will push you forward and your discipline will keep you on track.  By being inspired you push yourself to bring out the best of your own capabilities. You will keep challenging yourself because you know that you have the motivation and drive to do what needs to be done. In order for us to find out what we truly are capable of, we must be willing to push ourselves all the way. But most important of all by being inspired, we may one day be the source of another person their inspiration as well. Of course, do keep a healthy balance, and don't overdo it.  Make a list of all the activities that keep you inspired and implement them into a weekly schedule.

                  4. I forgive myself for my human errors


As I grew up I found out that everyone I know occasionally thinks back about their mistakes and their errors. I am guilty of this as well, but I have come to do less of that. What I am doing now is being grateful for my mistakes. They have been learning opportunities that made me wiser, set me straight, and made me extra proud of the woman that I am becoming. I am content with my journey. Having said that, I barely think about others their mistakes. Unless its intent is to upset me for the moment. Pfft good luck with that, you have no idea how much of an inner hippie I am. Where do you think all this wisdom is coming from? I have made errors like everyone else and I am moving on.  I'll just add it to my pile of interesting experiences. It makes my story seem all the more interesting, and trust me we are barely even getting started. But I'll let my creativity flow in other ways on this blog.  Don't be harsh on yourself kids, that is one of today's many lessons.

5. I attract positive actions by undertaking positive actions



This one  I kind of call my secret recipe in life. But I am not a greedy person when it comes to knowledge and ideas that are formed in my head.  But it's simple and it works perfectly for me. You will reap what you sow. That is why I undertake as many positive actions as I can to attract more positivity back into my life. I strongly believe that if you do some good in the world, good things happen back to you. Give it a try, do something kind without expecting anything back and you will see how the universe will reward you for positive actions. Of course, knowing the difference between good and bad is a thin line when it comes to different morals. But we'll assume that you have a proper functioning moral compass on this one. Let's send out more positive vibes into the world, especially during these troubling times. A little kindness could just make someone's day.  It doesn't cost much, yet it is highly valued by those on the receiving end. Stay safe everyone and subscribe to stay updated on more stories.

"Story Time productions logo"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn

Hotel Torarica

                               Story Time:       Pool day at hotel Torarica in Paramaribo Hello my dearest Story Time friends from around the world, how has the new year been treating you so far? I am back with a new Story Time episode. Fingers crossed that my schedule allows more posting this year. I have a lot of stories to share with you from my different adventures. In this adventure, we are having a pool day at hotel Torarica in Paramaribo. When I filmed this video I had just reached my first 10.000 views on Youtube. That was a while ago when I just started my Youtube journey.  Filming for Youtube and my blog has been quite the learning journey. From all the technical difficulties to the content I lost and figuring out how to get better shots. But when you are as determined as I am you learn while you are on the go. I am excited to see what fun content I'll create in the coming year. It helps a lot when you subscribe to my blog by filling in your e-mail address when that Sto