Skip to main content

Featured post

🚀 Space Transmission: Return to Lucky Garden 🪐

  Greetings, fellow space travelers and loyal listeners! It’s your cosmic host, Shachem Lieuw , beaming straight into your orbit from our tropical home base. 👽🌴 If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you’ll know Lucky Garden —located on the Indira Gandhiweg in Suriname, not far from HHS (Henry Hassankhan Middelbare School) —isn't a new feature in our space transmissions. But it has been quite a long time since my last touchdown there. Change happens over time, but witnessing that evolution after a long period of withdrawal can be entirely impressive. 🍜 The Alien Landing: Upgrades at Lucky Garden I stepped through the sliding doors like a hungry alien 🛸, and I was genuinely shocked to discover a brand-new bubble tea section that also serves an array of desserts and ice creams! Here is what went down during this mission: The Main Course: I secured a plate of their classic Hong Kong tjauwmin . (Let's be real: Chinese food in Suriname just hits different and is wil...

Alegria in midtown mall

                             Story Time: 

     Ice cream day at Alegria in midtown mall                                       Lelydorp!



Hello my dearest Story Time readers from around the world, how have you been? I have been on so many adventures that I have already gone on 3 more by the time I post one. So I have a lot of content sharing to do with you guys in the coming period. If you don't want to miss any of my stories make sure you jump onto the Story Time U.F.O.  As you guys know I am a sweet tooth, it's no secret! I do try to keep it under control since I don't want to get diabetes. But if there is one thing I love its good Ice cream. When you are traveling through Suriname and you are looking for Ice cream, I recommend visiting Alegria. They have 2 different locations. The one in the city makes me nostalgic for the days my grandfather would bring us to get Ice cream there and we would end up playing games. For today's Story Time article, I am going to be talking about their newer location in midtown mall Lelydorp. A lot of Surinamese kids and now adults have fond memories of Alegria. They have made their stamp in the Surinamese market.  Lelydorp is the famous center of the district Wanica. If you are traveling from our airport to the city, you will most likely pass this area.  When you are in Lelydorp, the midtown mall is pretty easy to spot. It's right next to daily food and across the street from the Lelydorp playground.  Inside the mall, Alegria has its own nice kids' playground. It's a good place to bring your kids for an afternoon of fun. They also sell food and other kinds of dessert. But most of the time I just go there to get Ice cream for myself, because my inner child is still alive! I also bring my little cousins there and they love it. They love the Ice cream and they love going wild in their playground! Don't worry the mats and the design that Alegria incorporates into their playgrounds make it a safe environment. The Alegria midtown mall playground is also designed in a way where it is easy to keep track of your child or children. Because when this aunty takes the kids out, she is bringing all of them! In most cases, I try to keep it fair and get all of them involved. I spoil them, I feed them and I blackmail them to look after me in their old days! If you guys are reading this from the future, you know who you are! I love my little cousins so much, that every time I see them grow up, it's like I still remember when they first cry babies running away from me until they get to know me, and then it's auntie choir that they start at the sight of my face. My point is, that it doesn't matter if you are a foreigner or a local, if you want to find a good Ice cream spot in Suriname go to Alegria. There you can make happy memories with your kids or just the kids that you hold dear if you are a cool aunt or uncle.  I recommend that you try their cheesecake, Wedding cake, Chocolate, Red velvet, Pineapple, Pistachio, Rum raisins, and Alegria madness flavors. I know it's a lot, but trust me these flavors are worth trying. Just give it a lick and leave me a comment to let me know what you think. Enjoy the video, happy reading, and until next time right here on Story Time.



" Story Time productions logo"






Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>