Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

A wedding to remember

                       A wedding to remember:

              Part one: Preparing for the big day!

 
" Couple getting married on the beach"


I stare at the watch on my hand to look at the time. I can't believe how fast the day went by. I am supposed to meet Michael for a food tasting with the caterers at 6 pm. Somehow or another I always seem to lose track of time. I remember the day Michael gave me this beautiful diamond studded watch.  At that time we had known each other for 12 long years. I am so happy that he is the man that I get to marry. But our love story is everything but ordinary. I never thought I would be the type of woman to get married. Not even on the day he gave me this watch. All of my life I always felt like I could so quickly lose track of time. Especially with the kind of lifestyle I had before I was even officially dating Michael. I was always on the go trying to do one thing or another. Sometimes I wouldn't even know what day it was. For me, it felt like I was living different lives at the same time! I have this one big secret that I haven't told Michael yet. My heart just flutters with anxiety when I think about it. It's not really something I want to be ashamed of since it plays a large part in who I am. I know I have to tell him before our wedding. That's in a month, I wanted to tell him sooner. But I never found the right opportunity. It all went so fast.  With all the wedding preparations that we had to do, and all our families traveling to attend this wedding we didn't have a lot of alone time together. Each time I wanted to tell him, someone either popped up or something came in between. I can't believe some people don't grasp the concept of privacy. And one of those people is his over-excited uncle Irvin who flew in all the way from France for this wedding. Uncle Irvin is really something! I know he means well but sometimes I get the feeling that he drains the energy right out of me. Let's say when it comes to energy, I know what I am talking about. But right now I am risking being late again. Somehow I seem to always be organized and disciplined at time management but I still run late for these things. The reason behind that is my secret. I walk out of the fashion boutique and say goodbye to my girlfriends. Today we spent all day shopping for the wedding. I went to pick out the bridesmaids' dresses with the girls. I wanted to have something that would fit the theme.  The theme: " A Queens fairytale" certainly fits me. We are planning to do our wedding at three separate events. If I am going down,... the isle I might as well go down in style.  That and adding the fact that I know so many people. If it was up to Michael we would have a small intimate wedding. Since his original list of guests consisted of only 100 people. A large part of the people on his list is his close friends and family. My list has 2000 guests, and that is after a lot of editing at Michael his request. In my case, everyone is my friend and family. I can't help it, I say I am an introvert but life just brought certain people into my life for a reason. The Ironic part is most of those people know my secret, but Michael still has no idea. It would not be fair to keep it hidden from him any longer. I will try to tell him during our dinner tasting. Right now I still look like a mess after my long day. I hop into the car with two of my good friends Trisha and Mariella. We head on over to the hotel that we are staying at. It's a deluxe resort. Michael says we are lucky to be able to get a booking at this hotel. Since they are mostly booked 2 years in advance. What he doesn't know is that I am a major business partner in the Deluxe resorts global real estate group. That, I don't count as a secret. We both agree that our businesses are our own. So we don't meddle in it, since he doesn't want money to become an issue for us. The funny thing is he thinks he has more money than me, but I am pretty confident about my own pockets. I practically broke my back and health building my empire. That's why when he recommended signing a prenup I didn't hesitate for a moment. At that moment, I knew he was indeed the man of my dreams, haha, Don't get me wrong, it's not my intention to fool anyone. I just happen to know him better than he knows me. I like to listen and this one toxic trait that I have ever since my pride got stabbed is when people assume, I allow them to assume. When people see you as wealthy and abundant, they don't always recognize the hard work, painful moments, blood, sweat, and struggles that went into that behind the scenes. They treat you differently for the wrong reasons. " Sarah, Sarah, where is your wireless charger? I need to charge my battery before Simon calls." " It's in my red bag in the back of the car."  I can't believe my friend Trisha is still dating Simon after all these years. She sure has a one-of-a-kind taste in men, but I try to make that none of my business. I like being in my own world, it's drama free that way. But apparently, life always seems to have other plans for me. I don't like sticking my nose in people their business. But people find a way to shove their business right under my nose. I should have known what they meant by two people, can't keep a secret. I am 35 now and I am happy that I get the chance to marry a wonderful man like Michael. I know I might be one of those people to walk down the wedding aisle a little bit later in life. But I have no regrets, everything had to happen the way it did or I would have never met Michael. I am just a bit nervous when I think about how my secret will affect our life after marriage. I also don't know how he will react to it. I could have buried it and hoped he would never find out. But my secret isn't really something I can hide or get rid of. I have tried for years, but all those efforts were in vain.  We arrive at the Deluxe resort hotel lobby and check into our suites.  I am planning to leave with the girls for my bachelorette party tomorrow. We are catching the early morning flight. Michael is lucky that he gets to sleep out. He is flying in a different direction with the boys and they get to leave on a late afternoon flight.  Then we will all meet again in Paris for our first wedding event with both of our families and friends.  Tonight I have to find the right moment to tell Michael the truth. I try to gather all of my courage together. During all of my wild adventures bravery was no issue.I have faced many demons but when it comes to Michael the energy grows cold and stale. Just the thought of exposing myself to him makes me want to freeze and disappear again.  But this time it's too late to back off. I either tell him tonight or I call off the wedding.  I can't let him stay around me without knowing the dangers of my life. I open the door to my Deluxe special private sweet. I love the interior so much because I designed these suites, specifically for me and my business partners. I chose the colors representing each one of our stories, energy, and the visions that we stand for. Each of these special suites holds a personal symbol for me and my people. On the other hand, I am so relieved that we have gotten this far. I remember starting from scratch, and now look at this beautiful empire I have built for myself. Yet under the surface, there is a hidden story. Unfortunately at the moment, I don't have time to dwell on that. So I step into this sexy red dress after a quick soak in the tub. We are already a half hour late. Michael is so used to me being late that he hasn't even called me yet.  He must already be at the Royal Garden Venue with uncle Irvin and the rest of our family and friends. I stare into the mirror in front of me that is cast in pure gold.  My reflection seems to be as beautiful as this vintage-designed golden mirror. Looking at my own reflection it's hard to believe that I have come this far despite facing many obstacles, insecurities, and traumas in my life. I am happy that I at least found the strength to let go of all of that unnecessary baggage. Now it's time to powder my face and fix my hair. I never really was someone who used to wear a lot of make-up. I do like to look pretty for myself but with my old lifestyle, there was barely no time for that. I say old lifestyle as if much has changed. I hope it becomes a part of my old lifestyle after my wedding to Michael. Our passion is as bright as the red lipstick paste that I adorn my lips. He makes me believe that it's possible for me to have a normal life and a normal family. Something that I gave up on many years ago. Just as I gave up hope that I would ever find someone who could love and understand me the way Michael does. After all, I have been through our relationship was like a breath of fresh air in my life. I was hesitant to marry him, but that had nothing to do with him. Ever since I was a kid I felt like I somehow didn't quite belong in this world. I was different, it just took me such a long time to realize and accept that being different doesn't have to be bad. I was scared that the fact that I was different would make me less loveable. Trisha knocks at the door and yells " Are you ready? Let's go? What are you doing in there" I yell back at her " Just come in already!"  I hear the door opening behind me and a few moments later I see Sarah her excited face in a beautiful long-sleeved yellow dress staring at my face in the mirror. " Let me help you fix your hair, I can do a quick and stylish braid. That way we can leave in no time. I hope you won't keep Michael waiting this long on the wedding day." " Oh I am sure he won't mind waiting for me, he has waited this long after all. Waiting a few moments longer won't hurt." " That is true, but I still want to get there before the boys finish all the good food".


                                      To be continued ...

Authors note: Thank you for reading my free story. I really appreciate the time that you take to read something that I get to create especially for my Story Time fans. Don't forget to jump onto the Story Time U.F.O. If you really enjoy reading, check out my Story Time Book Store to get a good deal on my kindle books.  I can't wait to see you again, right here on Story Time. 

"Story Time productions logo"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn

A Paramaribo Foodie Adventure At Tori Oso In Suriname

 Story Time: Paramaribo foodie adventure at Tori Oso Hello, my dearest Story Time friends from around the world. How have you guys been doing? As usual, I'm back with another foodie adventure! This time we're reviewing a popular local restaurant in Paramaribo that's called Tori Oso. By the way to my fellow Surinamese people happy Keti Koti! In Sranang Tongo, the language all locals speak means the chains are broken. Today on the 1st of July emancipation day is celebrated in the Republic of Suriname. But I'll tell you more about that in another Story Time episode. So make sure you subscribe to my blog when you see that Story Time U.F.O. pop-up on your screen! 🛸👽👾That way you'll be the first to get my Story Time adventures zapped right to your inbox! On this foodie adventure in Paramaribo, we visited Tori Oso on a hot afternoon. Tori Oso is located at Fred Derby Street #76. On their Facebook page , it said that they open at 4pm. But it's better if you show up