Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

How to open your heart to self-love?

 Story Time: How to open your heart to self-love?

" Shachem Lieuw at Olive Garden in the Panama airport"



Hello my dearest Story Time readers from around the world, how have you guys been? I have been doing great. This month I am turning 30, some of you have been here a long time. How does it feel to watch a Queen grow up? I really have to say that I appreciate each and every one of you. You guys motivate me to keep writing throughout the years. Either way, the Queen's energy keeps upgrading, growing, learning, and boosting. It's called evolving, something you become addicted to when you start opening up your heart to self-love! And because I want each one of you that have become a part of my Story Time tribe to enjoy the benefits of self-love I will be sharing with you today the secrets to opening up your heart to self-love.  Here are 5 ways to open your heart to self-love:

                                       1. It is what it is!

"Shachem Lieuw traveling in Copa Airlines plane to Panama"

I read in some Indian spiritual books that one must be attached to everything and nothing simultaneously.  Now that was something that spoke to me strongly. I think I read that about 10 years ago. When I barely turned 20, I went over that thought a million times trying to explore the depths of it, as I do with most things that I learn and observe around me. Having applied this philosophy for years in my personal life, I begin to understand and explore a new part of living this philosophy each time I apply it. It's a thrilling journey, that gave me no option but to no longer hide the strength inside of me. I love that certain cultures and legends help us discover, explore and understand the world through a creative lens. In the stories of legends, heroes, villains, love, power, and conquers, we learn to understand humanity and the things that fascinate us. Anyone who has ever met me encountered me or indirectly dealt with me no matter under what name at least knows me, knows that there are certain things I love to say. One of them is, " It is what it is!" When I say that, I like to link it to this philosophy of being attached to everything and nothing at the same time. For me, that means I have been my most authentic being and acted on what I thought was correct at that time with the knowledge available to me. That is good enough for me, I care about the consequences of my actions. But I am also aware that I cannot control everything and that some things are simply meant to be. It is in that knowledge that I found balance. This made me understand who I was and what influenced me in what way. But most importantly it can help you open your eyes to the things you influence. We all hold a unique piece of power, in the end, we will only be remembered for what we did with that power. Standing grounded and accepting this as a part of our reality not only opens up your heart to self-love, it embraces your full self even when you are going through your most painful moments. For me,  "it is what it is!" means we are present as our highest capable energy at that moment and still the universe has divinely guided this moment to be.

                     2. Realize that you are your own ally!

"Shachem Lieuw at Olive Garden in Tocumen International airport Panama"

You are not your own enemy, make peace with all different parts of who you are. No matter how diverse you may be. Those who make enemies within themselves can never find peace. Instead, they slowly sink into insanity. That's the spot where dark thoughts can easily sneak up on you. If your heart and mind are not filled with love and respect for who you are and who you strive to be you will easily fall into temptation.  When you realize that you only want what is best for your mind, health, career, future and overall well-being you will start to trust yourself more. That trust will cause you to be more accepting of the self-love habits that you develop. You deserve to feel good about who you are and what you stand for. After all, you are the only person who knows how difficult it was for you to get this far! Every positive thought and action of love you commit to yourself will be welcomed into your heart as an authentic action of self-love. The more you start valuing what you are pouring into your own cup, the better you will shine. When we only pour into other people their cups it becomes really easy to forget the value of what we are pouring into their cups. That makes us forget the reason why others line up to have a taste of who we are and what we have to offer. Get to know what value there is in the goods/services that you are offering to others. 

               3. Know what makes you comfortable!

" Shachem Lieuw at XO Lounge in SouthSquare Plaza Suriname drinking a pina colada"

Knowing what makes you comfortable will make it a lot easier. Let me formulate it in a more passionate way. See it as having to seduce yourself, having to convince yourself that you are worthy of your own time,  attention, and love. Sounds more thrilling, doesn't it. Love yourself the way you would want to be admired and treated. Lack nothing in confidence, step out there into the world, and is open to getting to know the wonderful being living in the vessel. Oh man, I have to be honest and say that I probably have different issues than other girls. Especially being a young woman building a career throughout the years. I don't talk a lot about my career anymore on my blog. But it has been one intense and successful journey with a lot of challenges, and situations where I slipped so bad I almost broke my spine! Not literally, of course, gasp. And still, there are those people that only focus on how I look. Do you know how I deal with that now? I use that to my advantage. I am not responsible for the way you perceive me to be. One thing I do know and that gives me complete faith in who I am and this invisible crown that I wear is that my people love and support me for my actions, my good heart, my work ethic, and the way I never allow us to give up no matter how many obstacles we may face.  Even when we face major challenges on our trips through the Amazon rainforest, I never for one moment let us accept defeat. We can rest, and we can restrategize but it will never be the end. Gives me chills with those vibes. But hey it is what it s either way. I allow myself to extend my skills beyond my comfort zone because I know exactly what I am comfortable with. So I know exactly where I should start challenging myself. When you open up your heart to self-love you are welcoming explorations beyond that what we thought made us comfortable. There are multiple ways you could use this theory, but that is for the next Story Time edition. So make sure that you hop onto that Story Time U.F.O. so you won't miss any of my stories and adventures in the future. Man do I have to catch you up on a lot of adventures! But ever since I am a blogger I did tell you guys that I have an intense life back home.  But I am making more time for my writing as you noticed.  I truly enjoy being able to express myself with you guys throughout the many years that I have been writing on this website. That's why I celebrate what makes me uncomfortable because I can't wait to see what this journey will have in store for me. 

                                       4. Find the Key

"Sharona Lieuw On and her team organized different classes for the indigenous community living in Masia village Sipaliwini Suriname"

Everyone has walls, we all have been hurt, or experienced trauma in some way or another. It's a common factor we share in our humanity. But those walls should not close you in. While trying to protect yourself don't get too locked in. Don't let those walls of protection become your gates of isolation. I am not saying that you should blindly trust each individual you come across.  What I am saying is if you find the key, you can explore the castle grounds. Get to know those walls, what they are made of and what made them exist in the first place. That way you will have in your possession the keys to your own healing. A power no one but you and whatever God you believe in should hold. Explore the world around you and you will enjoy the surprises it might have in store for you. Get to know amazing people from different places who are as curious about this living experience as you are. There goes my inner idealist again, at least she makes this existence more optimistic for me. It's the little things that often leave a great impact. If you enjoy observing chain reactions like I do you know what kind of snowball effect I am referring to. What I am saying to you my dearest Story Time reader, is don't let your anxiety, fears, or other insecurities trap you into thinking that you simply can't be!

                      5. Use your heart to create your reality!

"Sharona Lieuw On at the CAPP regional conference on politics economy and technology in the Dominican Republic"

Pay attention to this one, sometimes life takes you to places that you don't expect to be in. That's the fun part of the adventure, especially if you live a super adventurous life like this Queen.  Let me tell you one thing that I do know and that is that I use my heart to create my reality! What does that mean? Calm your horses and let me explain! Listen to your heart, and follow your passion. Let that good voice inside of you lead you toward your purpose. I mentioned the good voice on purpose, just in case some of you'll have those bad voices like the ones they show in Halloween Horror movies. Don't be afraid to listen to that voice inside who knows who you are and what you are meant for. I can be a very logical person, I am as geeky as the next person obsessed with straw hats.  Still, I always follow my heart, and to date, it hasn't led me in the wrong direction. As a matter of fact, most things in my life that went bad were when I didn't listen to that nagging voice inside of me. Sometimes you just got to trust your gut, instinct, intuition, or whatever you want to call it. Now imagine if you used your heart to open up your world to self-love? Before you know it, an entirely new world starts opening up before you. Use all that love you got stored inside of you to do right by yourself. I hope you guys enjoyed this Self-love edition of Story Time.  Until next time, I can't wait to write to you again.😘😘😘
"Story Time productions logo"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

 Lunch At Hotel Torarica Hello friends, as you noticed, the Story Time U.F.O. hasn't taken off from Torarica yet! When we finished checking in at Royal Torarica we were hungry! It's good that we were only a short walk from Torarica. Through the backyard of Royal Torarica, we found our way into the restaurant of Hotel Torarica. We sat in their dining room and ordered food from their menu. In my vlog, you will see the food items and prices listed on Hotel Torarica's menu. I had some chicken with corn. My plate was filled with greens and even had a chicken sate included. It was delicious! But my favorite had to be the truffle wedges! If you are visiting Hotel Torarica, I'd definitely recommend trying it! They are topped with parmesan cheese. A simple but buttery and flavorful dish. Stew ordered a fish dish that came with watermelon. It was relaxing to have dinner in the backyard of Torarica. We could hear the birds chirping and some birds even landed on our tables. But k

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn