Skip to main content

Featured post

Sandy's Space Adventure

Incoming Transmission Sandy's Space Adventures 🚀 Story Time Productions just zapped another adventure straight to your inbox. Everyone told Sandy the sky was too far and her dreams too big. She flew anyway. Not subscribed yet? Fix that now, before the Story Time aliens come looking for you. They're friendly. Mostly. But they don't take "later" for an answer. 👽 Subscribe & Stay Safe Open Full Screen Flip the pages inside the window. Tap the arrows in the corner to go full screen. 🫧 Planet of Lost Dreams ☄️ Comet of Courage 🌌 Nebula of Worries 💜 Galaxy of Friendship The universe is waiting for YOUR stories.

Mimosa Pudica plant

 Story Time: Mimosa Pudica, touch me not plant growing in the tropical rainforest of Suriname





Hello, my dearest Story Time friends from around the world, how are you? I'm back with a new Story Time article, and in today's episode, we're talking about the Mimosa Pudica plant. It's also known as the touch-me-not plant. This plant grows abundantly in Suriname. It appears to thrive in the tropical climate of the Amazon rainforest. In the video I made for you, I came across the Mimosa Pudica plant in Atjone.
As you know, Atjonie is a location in the Sipaliwini district. That's one of the greenest districts of Suriname. But you can find this grass in different parts of the country. As a little girl, I would often come across it in Commewijne. Back then, we would plausibly associate this plant with. When we found a bunch of them, the touch-me-not plant became our entertainment. Ironically, it is called the touch-me-not plant. When you touch the Mimosa Pudica, the leaves start to close. It's almost as if the plant becomes shy with physical contact. Coming across this plant in Atjonie brought me back to those childhood moments. That's why I couldn't resist and had to play with this Mimosa Pudica plant that I found
nd. There were a lot of them growing in Atjonie, near the solar panel center. The Mimosa Pudica is a fine example of how plants and nature are alive. Our Surinamese tropical rainforest is not only rich in resources, but it also boasts a diverse array of medicinal plants. It's a pity that our local government and educational institutions lack sufficient resources to conduct their own research. Most unique discoveries made in Suriname are made by foreigners. The Republic of Suriname has considerable potential, but the lack of resources and ineffective leadership is negatively impacting the country's development in South America and the Caribbean. 😩 I suppose it's up to the coming generations to address that. Like the Mimosa Pudica, there are many other unique plants and flowers hidden in the tropical Amazon rainforest of Suriname. Some of these plants are even rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are processed into medicines. I did notice that when it comes to medicinal herbs, many tourists give them a try while traveling through Suriname. They travel to various parts of the interior and are open to exploring medicinal herbs when they visit the jungle's herbal medicinal doctors. I guess that's a different way to find healing in nature. Don't forget to subscribe to my blog when you see that Story Time U.F.O. pop up on your screen. I'm excited to share more of the things I discover during my exploration with you. Now you've got to learn a bit about the plants and weeds in my country. There is so much more to learn about Surinamese plants, but that might be for another Story Time.

"Story Time productions logo"


Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>