Skip to main content

Featured post

Pizza Dinner At Ettore's

The mirage of your heart

                 A letter to my lover  Part 3: 

                     The mirage of your heart





Authors note: Hello my dearest Story Time friends from around the world, how have you been? I am feeling inspired these days. In this Story Time edition, I continue the fictional story called A Letter to my lover. This is episode 3 and I call it " The Mirage of your love". I hope you enjoy this story, it will develop and become a fun series. Read the first two parts so you can better understand the storyline. Make sure that you subscribe to my Story Time blog when you see that U.F.O. pop up on your screen.👾👽That way you will be the first to get my free stories zapped straight into your inbox. 


            The Mirage of Your Heart


I opened his letter and read what he wrote. Tears streamed down my face. I could no longer control my emotions. My heart knew that he was right, but my mind also realized that his love was nothing but a mirage. An entertaining play, the words that dance from his tongue onto his pen are a work of fiction. A fantasy that he created, and that he kept feeding me. I haven't forgotten the moments he would hold onto me. How I would feel safe with his hugs, and how the kisses that he gave me on my forehead made me blush. He calls me smart, but in admiring my beauty he forgot that I am actually sharp. I remember the day he first brought her close to me. How foolish of him to forget, that even I have the heart of a woman.  She was silent, didn't say a word. She knew everything about him and me. But she didn't mind holding his hand behind closed doors. In her mind just sharing one moment with him was worth a lifetime. Even if it was in secrecy. But one look in her eyes and she already told me that she didn't want me to disappear with him. She wanted to have and hold on to him. I felt like a thief, the more I looked into her soul. The better I could understand her story. She was just an ordinary hard-working woman, and this man was taking advantage of all the things that she was willing to do for his love. That's when I knew it was time to pack my bags. I didn't love him that much anyway, I just liked the attention and warmth he gave me. For a couple of moments, I felt a spark, but then I realized it was the mirage that he built. Something that he does with a lot of women in his life. My tears weren't because I was heartbroken. It was because I didn't listen to my mind. I knew it was too good to be true. All the times he wasted my time and made me wait only not to show up. She was playing the game and giving me the signals. Now I let out a laugh, as you might think that I am crazy. But if you knew my story, you know that I don't care. I laughed because I never wanted to keep him in the first place. That was something he knew from the beginning. I am just disappointed that when I was so honest with him, he couldn't do the same and tell me the truth. Why would she think I would want to fight over a man that has bedded half the town? She could keep him, instead, I only wish her the best. I hope that she one day finds the self-love to settle for better. In his last letter that came months later, he confessed to me about her. He told me that she was pregnant and that he regretted it. Why must one speak ill of their own offspring? As if the innocent child had any part in it when they were having fun. I burned his letter and made sure we would never meet each other again. The less of a reaction he got to me compared to his other female victims the more his true nature was reflected. That's when I knew that he was indeed building a mirage. This was a confirmation of my suspicion because of course, I am not that naive. From the moment he first made his move my senses picked up his motives. He played a game that he started with himself, and without touching him his game unfolded onto the board. Clearly, never before had he met someone who could easily match and outdo him. This weighed heavily on his insecurities and triggered him to want to possess me even more. Of course, he fell for his own illusion. What can you do when you build such great mirages? He tried to trap both of us but got trapped himself. This whole time I couldn't help but be amused that he had fooled himself into believing that his illusions had trapped me. My heart and soul were always meant to be free. When your love is pure, your soul is protected from trickery. That's how I managed to keep my dignity. And I moved on, burying both of them in the past. I went on to find my purpose and follow my calling, while he kept self-destructing. Years later he would appear before me once more. Typical of him to come running to me when he is in trouble. This time it seemed as if he had blood in his hand. His life had become a horror show, but he failed to see that all along it was he who was the monster. As he gave me another unwanted hug, I made sure that he could feel that it was better for him to stay away from me. I banished him from my life because I didn't want to be drowned in his trickery. They say ignorance is bliss, but sometimes a lack of ignorance can be a blessing. On the rare occasions that my intuition could not see through him, it was the universe and my good karma protecting me. When your heart is pure and your love is one of a kind, you don't lose people. They lose you! That's the value I found within myself, the day I decided to give myself nothing but love. He always underestimated me, as he kept feeding me sweet words. I did tell him that I was smart and that I see more than I say. He just didn't want to believe me. Till this day he doesn't know how much I know, and since when I knew. Some battles aren't worth the energy. I left him buried in the past to pursue a better future for myself. I knew that I deserved nothing but real love, instead of a mirage he kept creating with nothing but his words. It's not the first time someone has mentioned that he talks a lot. I couldn't care less for his type, I only saw the potential. But I also know that potential is nothing if you throw it away! A couple of people would laugh in my face that I wasted so much time on someone like him. I smile because I know what I learned from it. If you can steal a person's heart without touching them, you aren't the one who ends up losing. Now at least when he remembers me he will know that despite him being a monster I kept feeding him with nothing but kindness. I never promised him that I would feed him forever. He was the one who saw my good heart as a weakness. My ramblings as craziness. If you aren't meant to understand me, you simply aren't for me. How often do monsters get a hand that reaches out to them in good faith? What he did to me is a reflection of his own struggles. It has nothing to do with the magic that fuels my being. I wear my sunglasses and remember a dear friend of mine saying you can't play the game, without expecting the coach to read the plan. I packed my bags and headed for the airport. After today I would never look back to this place. It has a lot of beautiful and bad memories. It's home, but I was longing for something different. That had nothing to do with him, I knew I was going to leave before I even met him. He wasn't as important as I made him seem, but hey you got to cut them off with strategy if you don't want them to stalk you like they are crazy! With my suitcases in the car, I knew I was ready to go. I had booked myself a ticket around the world for a year. This was an experience I was looking forward to. Who knows how many more magical travel adventures are waiting for me out there in the world? I was willing to find out and follow my heart.

"Story Time productions logo"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Pizza Dinner At Ettore's

 Pizza Dinner At Ettore's Welcome back to another Story Time foodie adventure in tropical Paramaribo. On the coast of South America, the rainy season has returned. A relief after witnessing the rivers go dry in Suriname.😤 On this particular night, I remember the rain pouring all night. That's how I knew that the rainy season was about to begin. My friends visited me and we went on an unexpected food adventure! Since we were all craving Pizza, we decided to go to Ettore's Pizza. It's the authentic Italian Pizza restaurant located on the property of Hotel Courtyard by Marriott in Paramaribo.  When we walked in, it stopped pouring rain. I took that as a sign from the Gods that we were about to be blessed with some warm and delicious food. Despite the rainy weather, many people were still seated at the restaurants in the backyard of Courtyard by Marriott in Paramaribo. A hostess seated us and we received the menu in our hand. I like the cozy interior design of Ettore'

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

 Lunch At Hotel Torarica Hello friends, as you noticed, the Story Time U.F.O. hasn't taken off from Torarica yet! When we finished checking in at Royal Torarica we were hungry! It's good that we were only a short walk from Torarica. Through the backyard of Royal Torarica, we found our way into the restaurant of Hotel Torarica. We sat in their dining room and ordered food from their menu. In my vlog, you will see the food items and prices listed on Hotel Torarica's menu. I had some chicken with corn. My plate was filled with greens and even had a chicken sate included. It was delicious! But my favorite had to be the truffle wedges! If you are visiting Hotel Torarica, I'd definitely recommend trying it! They are topped with parmesan cheese. A simple but buttery and flavorful dish. Stew ordered a fish dish that came with watermelon. It was relaxing to have dinner in the backyard of Torarica. We could hear the birds chirping and some birds even landed on our tables. But k