Skip to main content

Featured post

Sandy's Space Adventure

Incoming Transmission Sandy's Space Adventures 🚀 Story Time Productions just zapped another adventure straight to your inbox. Everyone told Sandy the sky was too far and her dreams too big. She flew anyway. Not subscribed yet? Fix that now, before the Story Time aliens come looking for you. They're friendly. Mostly. But they don't take "later" for an answer. 👽 Subscribe & Stay Safe Open Full Screen Flip the pages inside the window. Tap the arrows in the corner to go full screen. 🫧 Planet of Lost Dreams ☄️ Comet of Courage 🌌 Nebula of Worries 💜 Galaxy of Friendship The universe is waiting for YOUR stories.

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

"Goedangan, a popular Surinamese Javanese Dish"



Hello, Story Time friends! Welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are many stories that I still need to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname, that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going shopping for paint in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture.

"Long Tong Tahoe From Warung Resa"

Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy ketjap sambal. The Gudanang triggered memories of the ceremonies held at my grandparents' house. It was made during holidays like Eid or when someone died, such as during the Gendureng ceremony.  Gudanang is a sweet and spicy dish. It's made with bean sprouts, long beans, and sweet coconut. The coconut meat is cooked in a mixture of sugar and pepper. It's a healthy dish mainly served with egg and chicken. I love pouring peanut sambal over my Gudanang. Enjoy the vlog, guys, and I hope to see you soon! Wish me luck on my adventures. I look forward to sharing more adventures with you in the future! Lots of love from tropical Suriname.💓 Are you planning your vacation? Visit Expedia for inspiration! Book your hotel, flights, and car in one place. As an affiliate, I earn a commission when you book through the link.



Related Links:


Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>