Skip to main content

Featured post

Sandy's Space Adventure

Incoming Transmission Sandy's Space Adventures 🚀 Story Time Productions just zapped another adventure straight to your inbox. Everyone told Sandy the sky was too far and her dreams too big. She flew anyway. Not subscribed yet? Fix that now, before the Story Time aliens come looking for you. They're friendly. Mostly. But they don't take "later" for an answer. 👽 Subscribe & Stay Safe Open Full Screen Flip the pages inside the window. Tap the arrows in the corner to go full screen. 🫧 Planet of Lost Dreams ☄️ Comet of Courage 🌌 Nebula of Worries 💜 Galaxy of Friendship The universe is waiting for YOUR stories.

Celebrating Eid in Suriname: The Vibrant Energy of Javaweg, Lelydorp 🌙✨

 Celebrating Eid in Suriname: The Vibrant Energy of Javaweg, Lelydorp 🌙✨




Hello, Story Time friends! How have you been? I am back with another adventure! 🛸 Now that I have a faster internet connection, I’m looking forward to sharing many more foodie and travel stories with you.

Life in Suriname has been keeping me busy—especially since the move and starting a new company with my business partners. Every journey has its ups and downs, but we must remain brave and bold as we spread our wings. I’ll share more about that in my upcoming Blogger Notes, but for now, I’m tackling my enormous task list one story at a time! 😎

A National Celebration: Eid in Suriname

Most of you are familiar with Eid, but did you know how we celebrate it here? Suriname is a beautifully multicultural society. Our ancestors brought diverse religions from faraway lands to the South American coast, and today, Islam is a vibrant part of our tropical country.

In Suriname, Eid is for everyone! It is a recognized national holiday. No matter your background, we visit our Muslim friends to celebrate together. This year, I joined my friends from Javaweg to experience the famous celebrations in Lelydorp.

The Hustle and Bustle of Javaweg 🚗💨

Javaweg is one of the most popular streets in Lelydorp and is legendary for its Eid festivities. When we arrived, it was packed! Every year, a massive line of traffic forms as people flock to the street parties.

Admittedly, my friends and I weren't quite as patient as the other visitors! After being stuck in the crawl, we turned around before reaching the end of the street—but not before visiting a dear friend who spoiled us with delicious food. 🍲

Flavors of the Festival: Saoto & Bodo

You can't celebrate Bodo (as the Eid feast is often called in Suriname) without Saoto Soup. It’s the ultimate comfort dish served during these celebrations.

In the coming years, I plan to show you how Eid is celebrated in different districts. Maybe next time we’ll head to Commewijne? Who knows! The only way to find out is to become a member of the Story Time Tribe. 🛸

🎥 Experience the Culture

Watch my latest vlog to experience the beauty of Suriname’s culture, history, and flavors through my eyes.

✈️ Planning your own adventure? Visit [Expedia] for amazing deals on flights, hotels, and car rentals. As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through my link!

Until next time, stay bold! ✌️

Comments

Popular Posts

//]]>