2024 Eid Celebration At Javaweg

 2024 Eid Celebration At Javaweg




Hello Story Time friends, how have you been? I am back with another adventure! Now that I have a faster internet connection, I look forward to sharing many more foodie and travel adventures with you! As usual life in Suriname has been keeping me busy. Especially since the move and starting a new company with my business partners. Each journey in life has its ups and downs. But we must remain brave and bold as we spread our wings out into the world. That's a story that I'll share with you in my upcoming blogger notes. But for now, I am just trying to finish sharing my previous Story Time adventures with the world.😎 With an enormous task list in front of me, I tackle one item at a time. Most of you are familiar with the Eid holiday. As a multi-cultural society, this holiday is also celebrated in Suriname. The people here practice many religions that their ancestors brought from faraway countries to the South American coast. A lot of Surinamese people practice Islam, and similar to other parts of the world, there are different branches of Islam practiced in this tropical country. In Suriname Eid is a holiday for everyone! It's recognized as a national holiday by the government and as locals, we visit our Muslim friends to celebrate with them. That's just what I did this Eid. I visited my friends from Javaweg and decided to share the New Year celebration in Lelydorp with you guys. There are many parts of the country where Eid is celebrated. Javaweg is one of the popular streets in Lelydorp that is well-known for its Eid celebrations. When we went it was crowded. Each year there is a long line of traffic driving up and down the Javaweg. Often there are street party's held. My friends and I weren't as patient as the other Javaweg visitors. After being stuck in traffic we returned before making it to the end of Javaweg. I did get to visit a friend who spoiled us with delicious food. The popular saoto soup is a dish that is almost always made on Bodo. In Suriname Bodo is another name for the Eid celebration. In the coming years, I will share how Eid is celebrated in the different parts of Suriname. Maybe next time we'll experience a Commewijne Eid celebration. Who knows? But you can find out by becoming a member of the Story Time tribe. I hope you guys enjoy my vlog. Experience the beauty of Suriname's culture, people, history, and flavors through Story Time. Are you planning on traveling soon? Go to Expedia for amazing deals, on flights, hotel bookings, and car rentals. As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through the link.

Comments

Popular Posts