Skip to main content

Featured post

Exploring Earth Cultures: Touch China Fair 🚀🌸

Hey space travelers! Shachem Lieuw here with a new transmission from Earth. I know, I know… this event happened last year, but I’m finally getting around to sharing it! I’m still struggling with my content backlog—gasp! As a certain juggling alien loves to mention on her blog, keeping up with Earth time and content schedules is no easy feat. But better late than never, right? In today’s space dome adventure, I’m taking you  to the  Touch China Fair , hosted by the Confucius Institute Suriname and sponsored by the Chinese Embassy,  at Ballroom Prince. Art, Tea, and High-Tech Space Models 🤖 The fair featured incredible displays of traditional arts, including Chinese calligraphy, tea art, and Chinese paper folding (origami). They even had a stunningly pretty Phoenix Crown ( Fengguan ) on display! Plus, not to brag, but I got to meet Labubu.😄😅 As a huge tech geek, my favorite part was the technology section. They had interactive robots on display, as well as detailed mod...

Halloween At Zin Resort In Paramaribo

 Halloween At Grand Cafe Zin In Paramaribo


"Shachem Lieuw & Rafael Karamat Ali standing with the spooky Halloween decoration from Grand Cafe Zin in Paramaribo"


My dear Story Time friends, I am writing you again to share another memory from tropical Paramaribo. I often feel like time goes by too fast. We're already in November and the days seem to pass like seconds. Highly aware of how short life can be, there are certain moments I treasure. These are the moments I often share on my blog. Posting these articles makes me feel as if somehow a part of me becomes immortal with the click of the publish button. Maybe that's why I always like sharing a dose of reality here and there. A few days before Halloween, it was Kara's birthday. We decided to plan a day of fun together with our friends. I did not go swimming all summer and it was starting to get on my nerves! My body craved cooling down in a swimming pool. We work for days in a row trying to build this vision. Sometimes it feels like life bumps us around. But I've learned to trust in the universe. I believe that some things happen for a reason. Sometimes that's the only thread of reasoning I can hold onto. It is the core of my inner strength. 


I had all night to think of a cheap swimming spot. We had a day filled with activities planned. So something within a certain budget would smile kindly on my wallet. That's when I remembered that near the center of Paramaribo, on Van Roseveltkade Street, you have a cafe with a swimming pool called Zin. Years ago, when I was a young girl working for the CARICOM Youth Ambassadors Program, I visited Zin Resort with my old colleagues. I remember how some Caricom events or government-related activities were held there. Back then, the youth affairs department was under the Ministry of Education. 


I decided to drag Kara along to Zin for his birthday and revisited the pool cafe after many years. When I entered the cafe, I recognized the pool table. It was in the same place after all these years. It wasn't crowded during the early morning. Great music was playing in the background, and the place was decorated for Halloween. The swimming pool was haunted with all kinds of creative decorations.  We changed clothes and relaxed in the pool. 

The resort sells food and drinks. I like the hammocks they placed for ultimate relaxation in this tropical weather. I made a vlog of our day at Zin. You'll also see a video of a TikTok live I did. I just passed 1000 followers on TikTok. Thanks to everyone who helped me reach this milestone. 


With more features available, I look forward to elevating my content creation skills. Fingers crossed that I'll have more time for my creativity. After swimming for a while, we got hungry, and it was time to leave. I noticed some awesome turtles in an aquarium. They were so cute and curious. After saying goodbye to the turtles and staff of Grand Cafe Zin, we left.  


I hope you guys enjoy the vlog of our fun day at the pool. It was amazing to celebrate my friend's birthday in such a relaxing atmosphere. We only paid SRD 200 per person to go swimming. 

Enjoy the vlog and let me know your thoughts in the comments. What's your next swimming destination? Let Expedia be your travel buddy, and they will help you find inspiration. It doesn't matter where in the world you're headed. Expedia can help you find flights, accommodations, and car rentals anywhere. As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through the link.





Comments

Popular Posts