Skip to main content

Featured post

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

Starting a new adventure

    Blogger notes: Starting a new adventure!




Hello my dearest Story Time friends from around the world, in this blogger notes I want to talk to you guys about a new adventure that I am starting. I have been avoiding talking about politics on my blog since I got rid of the old content. But I also realize that all I am really doing is sharing a part of me and my life. I am not here to try to convince anyone of anything. I just like standing in my truth and doing what I can to make a positive impact in the communities around me. A role I fulfill while wearing many hats in society. What can I say my royal crown makes it look like magic when I make my projects come together. As you guys know I have been busy in the Amazon rainforest. Normally I like to go around all parts of the country. But lately, I have been paying extra attention to Sipaliwini. A part of the country where I am the least known. At first, I thought it would be my relaxation paradise far from the other cities where I tried to blend in and fool myself that people have no idea who I am while I roam around with my glasses on and off. Sipaliwini was where I would come to find peace.  It still is a place where I try to find peace. But even when the people there don't really know who I am, I  managed to find myself surrounded by individuals who just like me have dreams for the future of this country. Their future, our future is after all that will help shape the world. Apparently now it's officially proven that you can throw me in a jungle and people would still find me.😁It is what it is, just like how I received a loving and warm welcome from friends in other parts of the country I also received the same love from Sipaliwini. I fell in love with the rivers, jungles, and villages. I know perfection is an illusion, but I do believe that these communities deserve quality of life. Quality of life has been my vision for this country for so long. I did mention in the media that in my opinion, each Surinamese citizen deserves to experience well-being and welfare. Of course, when I am talking about welfare, I mean prosperity. Surinamese people are innovative, creative, and visionary. But just like other countries over the world have experienced corruption, we aren't behind.😓 Sadly the damage it has left on our economy will affect future generations. But my inner philosopher and probably queen warrior refuses to surrender to negativity or a pessimistic future. It's something I don't tolerate for myself in life, and as a leader, it is something that I don't tolerate for my people. I have been a member of the National Party Suriname for 10 years now and in all those 10 years not one position interested me. I preferred being the background person or the girl who occasionally shows up to do projects or someone who knows how to magically gather people. I did this because I genuinely believe in the capabilities of the Chairman of the National Party Suriname Dr. Gregory Rusland. ( Not an ad, just telling the story, perceive it how you want). But also because I want a better future for the people that I care about. It might not look like it, but behind the scenes, it's a long list.😤😐When I unexpectedly participated in the last elections I made zero promotional effort for myself. But what did not go unnoticed was all the effort that people made for me. Seriously for the low effort my people pulled off a lot for me and worked hard. What better motivation could a youth leader need? Some people have been with me on my adventures for years now. I am in no hurry and enjoying the process. In these moments I get to experience love for the people around me. That's why I love giving back. Nothing new for my empathic heart. I like helping people when I can, even when I am struggling. Maybe it's because I know what it's like to have to fight different battles to protect your dreams. In the last couple of years, I have been focusing more on giving training and classes to the indigenous communities living in these parts of the Amazon rainforest. I have been exploring these parts, getting acquainted with the locals, and listening to their needs. The projects that I do in the interior of Suriname are based on what they need. I ask them what skills they want to learn during a krutu ( village meeting) and when they answer I go back to do my homework to see how I can make it possible with the help of my own network and occasionally when it's something I can't handle I'll go like a kid back to my political party and ask them what can we do to make equal opportunities possible? I am not from Sipaliwini but I got approached to become a main board member of the National Party Suriname in that district because of my good work in these communities. I want to point out that not one person in the communities protested against this so far.  We are after all a democratic party where we communicate about things like this with our people. Instead, I have been receiving phone calls from my friends in Sipaliwini who didn't know. They showed me so much love and support and are excited. Because what does this move mean? I am starting a new adventure, and I did it in the place where I am least known. That's because I love a good challenge, I like to build with people when I am not drained. I have been growing in my career and personal development. This next step was one that I made because I have faith in the future of these communities. Looking at the little children singing the national anthem while welcoming the NPS delegation in the village of Malobi warmed my heart. In the end, I do it for them. There are so many more projects that I want to do in these southern parts of the country. But for now, I am taking it one step at a time by doing what I can when I can with the awesome people around me. The installation of the mainboard and its party cores was held on the 28th of January 2023. The trip was tiring, because it was the first time I traveled from the city to the village and back to the city in one day. I didn't mind because  I know that it was going to be worth it. I am starting foundations for the future and while sowing these seeds maybe future I will tell you in another blogger notes how the adventure turned out to be. Wish me good luck on my new adventure guys and I hope you enjoyed the video I made. Wish me lots of luck and pray that my soul stays on the right path. Until next time, right here on Story Time.

"Story Time productions logo"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort In Commewijne

 A Foodie Adventure At Taman Indah Resort Hello my friends, today our Story Time U.F.O. 🛸is taking you for a rough landing in the district of Commewijne. We found ourselves in Tamanredjo again. This place is popular for the amount Javanese warungs that you can find there. Most of our Neighbors that cross to Suriname from French Guyana stop here for a snack before making their way to the capital, Paramaribo. Among one of the popular restaurants in this area there is Taman Indah Resort. They are famous for their Berkat and their swimming pool. If you want to know what a Berkat is, make sure to subscribe to my Story Time blog. I'll be publishing more stories about food from the different cultures in Suriname for you guys!😁😀 We went to Tamanredjo at night time with hungry stomachs. Some people visit this resort to go swimming as well. You can buy a day pass and there are also cabana's and apartment's for rent. The resort isn't located on the main road, but you'll k

Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa

 Paint Shopping And Food Stop At Warung Resa Hello Story Time friends, welcome back! I'm taking you along on another vlog. This video was made on a hectic day. I split the content of my adventures into different parts. So make sure you subscribe and stay tuned. There are a lot of stories that I still have to finish. I wish I had more time for my creative projects. But with my lifestyle in Suriname that is not realistic! Anyway, we're going paint shopping in different stores. I visited HJ De Vries, Malhoe's Building Materials, and a Historex retailer. When we were done combing through stores for our project, I was hungry and tired! So we decided to go to Warung Resa. Their Javanese food reminds me of my late grandmother's and aunt's cooking. It's flavorful and authentic. We had the Gudanang and the Long Tong Tahoe. Both are traditional dishes in Javanese culture. Long Tong Tahoe is made with bean sprouts, Tahoe, and chicken. It's then drizzled with a spicy

Green Key Expo At Torarica

 Green Awareness Expo At Torarica Hola mi amigos welcome back to a new Story Time adventure! There is a vibrant city in the beating heart of the Amazon rainforest! This city is rich with multi-ethnic culture and flavorful food. Of course, I am talking about Paramaribo. Living in the Amazon Rainforest, we're surrounded by greenery. But these parts of the Amazon Rainforest haven't been unaffected by global warming. The recent droughts where multiple rivers and creeks were empty is an example. The gold mining and wood exploitation that happens in our jungles is affecting the beauty of our land. Protecting the Amazon Rainforest means protecting the lungs of the world. Green awareness is a topic that's often mentioned in this part of the world. Hotel Torarica organized a Green Key fair and of course, I had to visit! Now I can finally share the Story with you guys! Creating these Story Time episodes takes a lot of work. So I'd appreciate it if you subscribe and join our tri

Shadows Of Love

 Shadows Of Love Sometimes you must shuffle the deck a few times to be dealt the right hand. And sometimes you meet that King Of Hearts in the first move that the game will demand. In the shadows of love, there are many secrets hidden. Something about you felt familiar, calm, and at the same time forbidden. I wonder what the universe was conspiring when our paths crossed. From a distance, I felt your eyes capture my soul. Maybe this is a story that should never be told! But they say that if you want to enter the paradise of lovers you have to pay the toll! A friend once asked me a question, he said: " What is it you are looking for now that we are getting old?". I told him I wanted someone who could spark my mind, soul, and maybe my inner sexual being. After he exposed the beauty hidden in my poetry, thoughts kept flirting with this hidden feeling. Sometimes we need the right people to ask us the right questions! But sometimes when the ones we hide in our hearts want to kno

Yogh Hospitality Hotel Jacuzzi Room Review

 Yogh Hospitality Jacuzzi Hotel Room Review Hello friends, I am finally back to continue the Yogh Hospitality Hotel series. In this Story Time episode, we are reviewing their Jacuzzi hotel room. Suriname's latest hotel edition has had me and many other people impressed. I finally got the time to write this review for you. I've been busy with some projects and capturing content for you. I'm always on the move, that's why it's no surprise that it takes a lot of work to bring these Story Time episodes to life. Subscribing to my blog will help support my creative journey. By becoming a member of the Story Time tribe, you will be the first to receive my stories in your inbox. Anyway back to Yogh Hospitality Hotel. Their Jacuzzi room was very impressive and modern. Especially compared to Surinamese standards. As a tech girl, I love everything innovative and modern. Too bad their spa isn't open yet. That's still a work in progress. Keep in mind that they only rec

Check-In At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo

 Check-in At Royal Torarica In Paramaribo Hello, my fellow adventurers! I'm back to share another Story Time adventure. In this episode, we'll be visiting Royal Torarica in Paramaribo.  This hotel is a part of the Torarica group. They have different deals going on at Royal Torarica for locals. This Surimanese luxury hotel is a 3-star establishment. We know they have an amazing swimming pool from our previous pool day adventure . It has become a habit of mine to add videos to my blog posts. The way technology evolves helps me elevate my creative skills. I made a vlog of our check-in at Hotel Royal Torarica in Paramaribo. But before we get to that, I'd appreciate you subscribing to my blog. By subscribing you support my content creation journey and will be the first to receive my episodes in your e-mail.📧You can be my pen-friend, so don't be shy to leave a comment behind!😎 I was so busy that I messed up the dates for our booking. But the hotel was nice enough to acco

Lunch At Hotel Torarica

 Lunch At Hotel Torarica Hello friends, as you noticed, the Story Time U.F.O. hasn't taken off from Torarica yet! When we finished checking in at Royal Torarica we were hungry! It's good that we were only a short walk from Torarica. Through the backyard of Royal Torarica, we found our way into the restaurant of Hotel Torarica. We sat in their dining room and ordered food from their menu. In my vlog, you will see the food items and prices listed on Hotel Torarica's menu. I had some chicken with corn. My plate was filled with greens and even had a chicken sate included. It was delicious! But my favorite had to be the truffle wedges! If you are visiting Hotel Torarica, I'd definitely recommend trying it! They are topped with parmesan cheese. A simple but buttery and flavorful dish. Stew ordered a fish dish that came with watermelon. It was relaxing to have dinner in the backyard of Torarica. We could hear the birds chirping and some birds even landed on our tables. But k

Story time with Donovan Dongo, Dongo brothers selected for W.W.E

   Storytime with Donovan Dongo, Dongo Brothers selected  The Dongo brothers holding the Surinamese flag in front of the  W.W.E performance center in America. Today I have some good news for the people of Suriname. I know I am a bit late with this story, but what can I say. I have been having problems with my Internet provider for a while now.  If you live in Suriname, you probably can relate. But on with Storytime, today we are going to talk about the Dongo brothers.  These guys have proven that dreams do come true, with a lot of hard work and effort.  The World Wrestling Entertainment (W.W.E) has selected Donovan and Leandro Dongo to represent Suriname. They made it past their last tryouts and were selected out of 30.000 applicants. The Dongo brothers have proven what they are made of, but they have also put Suriname on the world map when it comes to wrestling entertainment.  Donovan Dongo shares his experiences with Storytime in a video he recorded. But since I have a

Blogger notes: Happy new year! Storytime in 2022

Happy new year, Storytime in 2022 Hi guys, I want to wish all of you a happy new year. I am learning to stay positive no matter the circumstances. Throughout the years I have become a professional at it. The weird thing is, the better I get at it the better my skills become. I have to say I am proud of myself for getting through last year. There were some painful lessons, as usual. I have come to learn that they are a part of the journey that helps me build my successes. The more I embraced positivity the less my anxiety became.  Anxiety can be a messed-up demon, but the warrior in me kind of grew tired of it and decided to stab it. That's the problem when you know how strong you are.  The only thing is, I just wasn't in a hurry to grow up. Especially if you grew up in the public eye like I did. But I have no regrets. Because each step that I made in life also led me to beautiful people and beautiful experiences. The more content I feel with my life, the more my inn