Road Trip To Santigron In Tropical Suriname

 Road Trip To Santigron In Tropical Suriname

" Illustration of a woman taking a road trip through the jungles of Suriname"




I am back with a new travel adventure! Exploring the coast of South America helps me discover new places each time. Despite being a local, there are many places in Suriname that I haven't reached yet. One by one, I am checking them off my bucket list. Some adventures are planned but if I have to be honest most of them happen spontaneously. Life drags me on a path where despite being an introvert, I get to meet many people from different places. After we launched our company, we began advertising our services more. We had many good and many bad moments. The beginning is always filled with hurdles as you struggle to lay the bricks for a solid foundation. As an entrepreneur, I often have those moments where I wonder if it's all worth the investment, time, and energy? After those few seconds of anxiety, I just brush it off and get out there again. We can't let our fears and doubts hold us back in life. I am becoming older by the day but that doesn't mean I stopped living. I take in these moments and learning experiences to treasure them in my heart. Then I remind myself about everything I did which wasn't supposed to be possible according to people. I remind myself of all the strength it cost me to face each hurdle I encountered. All those experiences from the past helped me find out how strong I am. The more you level up, the bigger the hurdles become. Maybe it's because of all the adventures that I had. But I am not the type to back down from a challenge! Some people shy away from embracing their inner power. But why should I deny the very thing that's kept me alive so far? In the game of survival, you learn how important it is to follow that instinct deep down in your gut. It's that same gut feeling that encouraged us to take a gamble in life as we put everything that we have into this business. 😁 We don't have a lot, but when you begin to sow the seeds one day you can reap the fruits. On our company page, we advertise that we provide services in all the districts. One day a client asked us to come to Santigron. I've never been there before and took the opportunity to go along on a road trip. Fun fact in the Surinamese taki taki tongue, Santigron means sand ground. 
When we got there my phone battery was already empty and I asked the client if I could charge my phone for a few seconds. He was nice enough to help me with that. I asked him if there was a river nearby. It turned out that we were close to the Saramacca River. In my previous Stroy Time adventure I brought you to another part of the Saramacca River. Somehow I always sense if there is a river nearby. It's as if the air is more humid in these parts. Even though it was extra hot on this day the wind still felt cool. He brought us to the river and we enjoyed the view for a few minutes before continuing our journey. 
Time waits for no-one! We headed back to Paramaribo and I enjoyed the scenery of tropical flowers and trees alongside our Surinamese roads. We stopped at a store on the way back, but it turned out that they were closed. Outside the city, you won't always find stores open during the afternoon and night. This differs depending on the location. In the city, you can walk into a Chinese supermarket from the early morning till 10-11 pm. If you are lucky, you can find some stores that open past those hours. But outside of Paramaribo, you have stores that close in the afternoon for a rest and then open later again. Or some just close their shops earlier. I made a vlog of my first time visiting Santigrong for you to enjoy. Stay tuned for more travel adventures in tropical Suriname. I hope to be writing to you again soon! Are you planning your next vacation? Do you need some time off for relaxation? If you have the destination in mind, Expedia is the site to help you find the perfect budget vacation! If you need help finding your next hotel, car rental, or flight tickets they will find the right match for you. As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through the link. Have fun watching our road trip!




Comments

Popular Posts