Taste Testing The Whole Fried Chicken From Ochama

 Taste Testing The Whole Fried Chicken From Ochama

"The Whole Fried Chicken From Ochama In The Hermitage Mall"



I just caught myself staring at the picture above this text and realized I am craving more of the Ochama Whole Fried chicken with some crispy fries. 😍😍 I'll try to snap out of my food trance to get this story started. Welcome back my Story Time friends! We're going on a new foodie adventure! This time our stomachs take us to Ochama in the Hermitage Mall. This mall is among the most popular malls in Suriname.  Not that we have a lot of options here. But if you've been following my blog for a while now you'll already know that Surinamese people love food! Food is an important love language in this country. Because of the cultural diversity, we have many options in the Surinamese kitchen. After a long busy day for us, our stomachs were rumbling. It was the day after the indigenous day celebrations in Suriname, and we passed by the Hermitage Mall. We decided to stop and try the food from Ochama. A lot of people told me great things about their whole fried chicken. We decided to try it and see if it is as good as people say it is.  I'm a bit of a skeptic sometimes.😂 But you guys didn't disappoint in this case! When we entered the mall we saw McDonald's was hosting a talent show. It was crowded in front of the stage, where two singing girls captivated the people with their beautiful voices. I wanted to stay and enjoy the show a bit longer but my stomach began rumbling again. In the food search our feet led us straight to Ochama. The unit that they are nestled in used to be the coffee corner. A place that made me nostalgic for my teenage years. I even made a previous Story Time episode at the Coffee Corner. They closed down after all these years and Ochama now fills the spot. It was also busy in Ochama. I opened the door and the scent of fried chicken immediately seduced my nostrils. We ordered some food and agar agar. I even gave their mango smoothie a try. It didn't take long for our order to finish. When the crispy brown juicy chicken was in front of us we didn't take long to rip it apart. It was delicious, especially with the sauces. I liked their sweet spicy mustard sauce and the BBQ sauce. One whole fried chicken is enough to share with two people. Unless you don't like sharing food at all.😂 The flavor was good and we certainly returned for more on other days. I liked the mango juice, it wasn't too sweet. It also tasted natural! When it comes to fruit juices I am not a fan of the artificial flavors. I like to taste some real pulp in my fruit juice. Maybe in the future, I'll tell you more about that. But for now, I hope you guys enjoy this vlog I made of my foodie adventure at Ochama in the Hermitage Mall.  Tune in next time for more stories, foodies, and travel adventures on the coast of South America. Are you going on a holiday? Allow Expedia to help you find the right travel deals! As an affiliate partner, I earn a commission when you book through the link. 😉



Comments

Popular Posts