Getting Settled

 Getting Settled

" Balcony View From Thermo-Dynamic Solutions N.V."




Hello, my Story Time friends! I am doing my best to catch up with my content. But we've been so busy settling into our new location that catching up has become a race.  It's a good thing that I enjoy creating these blog posts. It's like a form of therapy for me. Story Time has become a place where I can escape reality and share the small things in life with my audience. My business partners and I opened a company called Thermo-Dynamic Solutions N.V. On the 20th of May, we went to KKF. That's the chamber of commerce in Suriname. You'll experience a part of that day with me in my upcoming episodes. We wanted a location where we could operate our business. It wasn't an easy search. But during the building and housing fair we met Remax. They are a real estate company that deals in renting and selling property. With their help, we managed to find a place. At first, we had our doubts about the many options available. But something about this place spoke to me. So it took a lot of work to convince my business partners to pick the location I had my eye on. If that was the right choice or not, we'll find out. As we got settled we discovered a lot of other problems and damages in the building. So you can imagine how I am still being nagged for my decision. But since we are a company that deals with repairs, getting settled became a new challenge. We got to test our skills and solve new problems each day. In the beginning, we didn't have internet. I used mobile data for my work. That's why you guys didn't hear from me for a while on my blog. The few GBs I had, I had to spare for my job. It was a hassle to survive water and power outages. When it began to rain a lot in Suriname as Hurricane Barryll passed, we discovered that the roof had multiple leaks. We wanted to do a company opening, but for now, our new spot is still a fixer-upper! I'll share some moments of this new chapter in my life with you on my blog. I'm the kind of person who always falls in love with the vision. Will that be my downfall? Only time will tell! It's like an adventurous thriller movie where you stay tuned to find out. I'll share some of the before shots with you as we build the vision. Being an entrepreneur is a lot of hard work, sweat, and putting in the sacrifices. Sometimes your investment is a gamble at success. But just like one of my favorite Neffex Songs, it's only worth it if you work for it. I bought some things to help us get settled in our new place. I was trying to get this scent out of the house so I tried the Chupa Chup candles. I also got some snacks and the popular cheesecake yogurt. At least I am grateful that we live in a small country. Some people would be intimidated to live or start a company on a sand road. But you have to start somewhere! I always say that even when I am experiencing bad moments I am lucky! From the moment we moved in the road got stabilized. One afternoon I met my friend who by coincidence was the one doing the work. He told me they plan on maintaining the sand road every two weeks. That's a relief when you're building a business and want your clients to reach you without any difficulties.😅 The good thing is that we are close to the main asphalted road. While I was vlogging about my snack and goodie hauls, Stew was busy with some repairs in the house. He had his work laid out in front of him! Because the more things he repaired the more broken things appeared. If you guys are interested in seeing more technical content of the repairs we do, let me know in the comments. I want to thank all our friends who helped us get settled in.  We are grateful for the good people in our life. Life has its ups and downs, but that's what makes it a joyride! Are you planning on renting an apartment during your next holiday? Go to Expedia and they will help your travel dreams become a reality. As an affiliate member, I earn a commission when you book through the link.






Comments

Popular Posts